Experiencing issue while using arrow keys in Textbox tool.

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
docu-track99
User

Experiencing issue while using arrow keys in Textbox tool.

Post by docu-track99 »

Hello Tracker,

In Text box tool, once we write any word, we can not take our cursor backward using left Arrow key? We checked our code and made sure we are not using any key press events. Have you guys heard this one before? If yes, any idea on what could cause this issue? Any help will be much appreciated.

Doc-It Development.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Experiencing issue while using arrow keys in Textbox too

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello docu-track99,

Please try reproducing the problem on the clean Full Demo solution and if you'll manage to do that please provide a small gif or video on how to reproduce it, because I did not managed to do that and all is working for me.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

The keys are broken in build 317 but works in 317.1

When is the next release expected to come out? Is there a list of items that have been addressed that you can share? We need the Find box fixed as we cannot type into it.

Thanks.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello docu-track99,

If all goes well, we plan the next release to be around the end of this month thought there is no specific date yet. Sadly there is no list with what was addressed - some of these problems hopefully will be available in the release feature description.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Re: Experiencing issue while using arrow keys in Textbox tool.

Post by RMan »

Did anyone ever find a solution for this yet? This is still a problem it appears with the latest 6.0.322.7 release of the Editor.

I'm wondering if it's specific to VB6 only as I can reproduce it in a VB6 sample but not in the C# sample included with the SDK.

In a VB6 form it looks like the arrow keys will change focus between controls if say a Command Button or the Editor is Active. But if a VB6 textbox control is active then arrows move the cursor in the textbox. So it's almost like the Editor is intercepting all of the keys except the arrow keys in VB6.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

Can you please provide a small sample on this one + the reproduction steps so that my colleague can try reproducing this and hopefully finding a solution.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Sorry for the delay trying to get a clean VB6 sample for you to test with put together between my own workload. Here's a zip file and it includes an mp4 showing the bug also. Hope it helps.
VB6ArrowKeys.zip
(3.3 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

I sent the link to the developer who knows VB6 - hopefully he can say something about why this happens.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: