Display PDF in black and white not colour

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Display PDF in black and white not colour

Post by lidds »

I have a colour PDF and I want to give the user the option to display the PDF within PDF Xchange Editor in black and white. I do not want to change the actual PDF to black and white just show the PDF in black and white within your PDF control, is this possible?

Thanks

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Display PDF in black and white not colour

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Simon,

I've checked the SDK help pages - and could find mentions of rendering in the Core API section - but those are all related to the process of creating new PDF files.
Without creating a temp copy of the file that is stripped of colours I can think of e.g. trying to activate the Accessibility mode - which would change the colours as per the settings specified, or changing the "Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display -> Rendering -> Default transparency blending color space:" to Greyscale.

An alternative approach if using the Core API is to use one of the functions DrawToMemory, DrawToDevice or DrawToIXCPage

in case of DrawToMemory, nBufferFormat should be passed as kDrawFormat_Gray;
in case of DrawToDevice you will need to create IPXC_PageRenderParams object, and specify grayscale profile in it.
in case of DrawToIXCPage you have to use the same approach as for DrawToDevice and also, you will have to create IIXC_Page in grayscale format and pass it to the function.

Regards,
Stefan
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Hi Stefan,

The below method gives desired results, however how can I do this via code?

"Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display -> Rendering -> Default transparency blending color space:" to Greyscale

Also, is there an option to use Black and White instead of greyscale?

Thanks in advance

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

You will have to change this setting PageRendering.BlendingCS to 2. Don't forget to fire the PXV_AppPrefsChange_PageRendering AppPrefsChanged event.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Alex,

Thanks that worked. Just out of interest is there anyway to make this black and white instead of grayscale?

I have come across this code on the forum that does it by changing the colour of each PDF graphic item, however it takes sometime to process.

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

I'm afraid that's the only way of doing that.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ