Citrix Environment

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
jeffp
User

Citrix Environment

Post by jeffp »

I have a user running our program in a Citrix environment. They are getting some freezes when opening and/or working with PDF files in your Editor which we have embedded inside our application.

We are not very familiar with the Citrix environment other than it's like Terminal Services. But is there anything we should be doing different in the way we embed your software into our application so that it works fine in Citrix?

This issue could be related to something else but I just wanted to see if you have run into any Citrix issue with the Editor.

Thanks.

--Jeff
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Citrix Environment

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

can you tell us exactly which "Citrix Environment" they are using? Citrix have multiple offerings, including RDS and XenApp.
Specifically are they using Citrix to manage full session logins to an RDS server (Remote Desktop Servoces AKA Terminal Server) or are they delivering your app as a service rather than a desktop?

I ask because our software under an RDS server (be it Citrix or not) is mature and well supported. XenApp on the other hand is something we are still working on. In most cases the Editor works fine, some have also managed to use the printer through XenApp but the details of how they do so are not really available to us.

So if you can you tell us more about their environment and which Citrix services they are having issues with it will be helpful.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Here is more info on their environment. They are still having some freeze issues.

"We are using Citrix XenApp version 6.5. We host our application on a Citrix server and users stream them off of the server.
We have not had any issue with printing. We use a third party software called Tricerat Screwdriver which basically mirrors the printers on the users local machine."

--Jeff
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Jeff,

As Paul said - XenApp is something we are still working on - so there might be some problems with it.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. Thanks.

Let me know when you have a new build I should test again with XenApp

--Jeff
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

we are planning a new build in the next few weeks, however there is nothing specific to XenApp in it. If there is an issue that needs to be addressed we need to identify it first. Do you have a XenApp environment?

We would need to set XenApp up here if we are to test. It is not trivial to up set though. Last time I tried I had Citrix support trying to help and they couldn't fix my installation!!!

It may be time to revisit this. It won't be this week for sure... I assume you (your client) needs this fixed yesterday?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com