Digital signature not valid in adobe

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Digital signature not valid in adobe

Post by lidds »

I have digitally signed a document using PDF Xchange, however when I open the pdf in Adobe it gives the following error
signError.png
Thanks

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Digital signature not valid in adobe

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Simon,

What is the digital certificate that you used?
Is it from some smart device or is it installed in your windows certificate store?
Can you use the same certificate for signing in Adobe's products?

Please make sure that you have the latest Editor build - and then try to sign a new file, and send us a copy so that we can take a look at the file itself as well!

Regards,
Stefan
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Stefan,

It looks like this happens in Adobe as well.

Just to check, I think this is the reason. I am trying to sign the PDF using my Global Sign code signing certificate. Is this happening because it is a code signing certificate and NOT a PDF Signing Certificate?

Thanks

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Simon,

I will need to check with a colleague from the Canadian office before I can reply that latest question.
I've just asked him to check, and we will post back here as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan