Annotations not appearing.  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
docu-track99
User

Annotations not appearing.

Post by docu-track99 »

Hello,

I am having an issue with annotations not appearing using the Editor SDK. The annotations are not displayed while viewing the document but when presented in the print view, the annotations display properly. I believe this document was created using the Viewer SDK and was wondering if there is a known issue and fix for document annotations created with Viewer. I tested adobe as well and it too is having difficulty displaying the annotations from this document.

Thank you,
Justin
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Annotations not appearing.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Justin,

Do the same annotations appear correctly in the end user Editor, or another PDF Viewer?
Annotations could have a "noView" property - so they will not be displayed on paper - but printed.

Can we get a copy of the file attached (or e-mailed if confidential) to look at?

Regards,
Stefan
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

Hello Stefan,

The user is now using the PDF Editor and the annotations do not appear. Again, the print view shows the annotations. I believe that setting may be the issue but I will still send you a copy of the document just in case there is something else at play here. What would be the best email to give you a copy?

Thank you,
Justin
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

In PDF-XChange Editor, via the View-menu > Other panes > Comments, you can show the Comments pane.
Then, via the Options... button in the Comments pane, you can check/activate "Show Comments with Hidden Flag".

Does that make a difference?

Note:
I do not find a way to set/change the "hidden flag" for annotations by using the Properties pane in PDF-XChange Editor V6.
Maybe via JavaScript.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Thanks for the tip Willy :)
Also, Justin, you can mail the file to the polaringu@tracker-software.com so I can look at it.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

Yes, thank you Willy. Unfortunately it did not work.

Thanks again Alex. I believe you gave me this email before. Is this the email to always use? Just in case I need to send more documentation.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Annotations not appearing.  SOLVED

Hello docu-track99,

Here's a little hint why you don't see this annotation in our application and other applications:
Capture23.PNG
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

-_- I knew it was a feature I just missed.

Thank you again Alex. This is definitely going to be the first check I make in the future when someone says annotations don't show.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

:)
Subscribe at:
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Sorry to continue this thread, but this time I do not get it ...

You tell us that the annotations are visible in the print preview, but not in the normal page view in PDF-XChange Editor.

As an explanation, I see an empty Typewriter box, with no fill color, 0 pt border width.
OK, in that way it is not visible/detectable just by regarding the page itself.

Even though, I do not understand how you are seeing this (Typewriter box) in the print preview ?!
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

Sorry Willy, I should have explained further.

As you can see by the picture, the typewriter box is detectable but the actual text is not visible in the page view (you would have to know it was there to detect it). But when viewed in the print view, the text is visible and red as intended. The issue was that the "Blend Mode" property was set to "Color". I am still unsure why this makes the annotation invisible but it did in my case. The fix was to set it back to "Normal" and after you should again be able to see it in both views. The other properties do not need to be changed. This wasn't a bug, but instead, a lack of product knowledge (I think).

Hope this cleared it up a bit.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Yes, this explanation clears it up.

Thank you very much.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello guys,

The Color Blend mode combined the colors in such a way that the result was white. The thing that we show it in the print preview is that there seems to be a bug or unimplemented piece of code that ignores that.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: