Restore text properties

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Restore text properties

Post by lidds »

My users what to restore text properties when new instances of my application is loaded.

Basically my users want to do the following:
1. Launch my application and open a document within PDF XChange editor SDK.
2. Change text style e.g. font, size, bold
3. They then want this font style to be used on all annotation elements that has have a text feature.
4. Save the font settings.
5. Close my application.
6. Load my application again and restore the text settings that were saved from the earlier session so that they can again accomplish point 3.

I appreciate that I would have to save some sort of XML file in the users profile, which is fine. The issue is I do not know how to accomplish get and setting the font settings so this would happen.

Could you please offer some guidance, and if I can use any existing functions?

Thanks in advance

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Restore text properties

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Simon,

You will need to e.g. use the
IPXV_CommentStylesManager Interface
Or dig into the settings and remember them on exit.

Alternatively your users should also be able to use the "Make current style default" UI command - and this will let the Editor SDK handle remembering the current style.

Regards,
Stefan