Build 323 VisibleCmdPanes not working

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
askelly
User

Build 323 VisibleCmdPanes not working

Post by askelly »

The .VisibleCmdPanes property doesn't appear to be working in the 323 build. This is true in my app and also in FullDemo, where toggling the "Show Command Panes" checkbox has no effect.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Build 323 VisibleCmdPanes not working

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello askelly,

There is no 323 build for the SDK yet - the SDK part needs to be updated for correct ribbon/classic behavior. And you code might not be working because the ribbon's command tabs IDs are different then the classic interface's ones.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
askelly
User

Post by askelly »

The download page hasn't been updated yet but if you click the download link you get an SDK that identifies itself as 7.0.323.0. Is there an ETA for a build with updated ribbon behavior? Thanks!
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hello askelly,

There is no 323 build for the SDK yet - the SDK part needs to be updated for correct ribbon/classic behavior. And you code might not be working because the ribbon's command tabs IDs are different then the classic interface's ones.

Cheers,
Alex
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello askelly,

Just confirmed that:
please note that release includes: 1) end-user products; 2) Editor SDK; 3) CoreAPI
and does not include: 1) Driver API; 2) OCR SDK; 3) Simple Editor SDK
So basically the problem is that
And you code might not be working because the ribbon's command tabs IDs are different then the classic interface's ones.
Try switching to the classic mode and see whether it works. For that you will have to use the IPXV_Inst::EnableRibbonUI(false) method.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
askelly
User

Post by askelly »

Thanks, but that didn't work. Changing .VisibleCmdPanes has no impact regardless of the state of EnableRibbonUI(). I can partially work around the problem by doing AxPXV_Control.Inst.MainFrm(0).View.CmdPaneTop.Hide(), but I haven't yet figured out how to get rid of the bottom bar. In the prior version I believe both of those were hidden by default.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello askelly,

We will look to this one and hopefully will fix this to the next release.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

There are some new panes I believe so that is why it's probably still displaying it.

Specifically try turning off these. I think the capitalization is correct in the strings below.
"cmdbar.quickAccess"
"cmdbar.quickLaunch"
"cmdbar.quickFind"
"cmdbar.view"

Or try looping through the cmdBar.First to cmdBar.Last and turning them all off. That way you are covered in the future if more are added. The downside is you have to turn the ones back on for things like the Bookmarks Pane and such if you are using those panes.
Dim i As Integer
For i = (pdfMainCtl.Inst.Str2ID("cmdbar.First", False) + 1) To (pdfMainCtl.Inst.Str2ID("cmdbar.Last", False) - 1)
Call pdfCtl.Inst.ShowCmdBar2(i, False)
Next
askelly
User

Post by askelly »

That ended up working after changing "first" and "last" to all lowercase. Checking for multiple dots in the cmdbar name prevents quite a few exceptions, which are slow. This code still results in a few exceptions but it's not a big deal.

Code: Select all

Try
                            For i As Integer = (.Inst.Str2ID("cmdbar.first", False) + 1) To (.Inst.Str2ID("cmdbar.last", False) - 1)
                                Try
                                    If .Inst.ID2Str(i).Split(".").Length < 3 Then .Inst.ShowCmdBar2(i, False)
                                Catch
                                End Try
                            Next
                        Catch ex As Exception
                            Logger.Error(ex.Message)
                        End Try
Thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi askelly

so are you happy with that or looking for further feedback on that last post?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
askelly
User

Post by askelly »

I'm happy with that for now. I understand a fix is in the queue for the next release. Thanks.
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

There is a bug in the current version with this. You cannot toggle off the document panes (using the ShowCmdBar) on the bottom like the cmdbar.pageLayout, cmdbar.pageZoom, and 'cmdbar.docOptions unless their is a document open. Which means as a developer we cannot prehide what we want before opening a document.

Here's the list of the ones that I found that were visible after at startup but that I could toggle off after opening a document.

I'm guessing the programmers are testing if they are visible instead of just turning off their value.

cmdbar.pageNav;cmdbar.pageLayout;cmdbar.pageZoom;cmdbar.docOptions;cmdbar.launchApp;cmdbar.bookmarksView;cmdbar.pageThumbsView;cmdbar.contentsView;cmdbar.namedDestsView;cmdbar.attachmentsView;cmdbar.commentsView;cmdbar.signaturesView;cmdbar.layersView;cmdbar.fieldsView;

I've attached up a simple VB6 project that you can test for yourself also.
PDF-XChangeEditorUISample.zip
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello guys,

We are working on the fix and hopefully will finish till the next release. Also, thanks for the investigations.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: