Why is the operation so slow?

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
HomerWu
User

Why is the operation so slow?

Post by HomerWu »

hello,

I created a preciew control to preview the watermark and header&footer,after user changed the value,then update the doc,and my logic is as below:

1.remove old watemark
2.remove old header&footer (yes,user can change both the watermark para and header&footer para in the same form)
3.add header&footer
4.add watermark
5.invalidatepage

i found remove watermark/header&footer and add watermark/header&footer cost almost a minute(my document has only 58 pages).
do you have any suggestion to help me?
the attachmens are part of log file and our preview form.
Attachments
log.png
header&footer.png
watermark.png
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Why is the operation so slow?

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello HomerWu,

Well that's because you are doing it like that. Why can't you remove all of the watermarks/HaFs in one go and then add the needed watermarks and HaFs in another go - should be a couple of seconds.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

Hello Sasha,

So how can i remove all of the watermarks/HaFs in one go and add the needed watermarks and HaFs in another go?i 'm now using the operations op.document.removeHeaderAndFooter、 op.document.removeWatermarks
、op.document.addHeaderAndFooter、 op.document.addWatermarks one by one :roll:
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello HomerWu,

Just remove them from all of the pages and add them to all of the pages - that's all.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ