Pencil Tool

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
mrbdye
User

Pencil Tool

Post by mrbdye »

Hello,

Love the app so far with few exceptions. I am trying it out on an Acer Iconia W510 tablet. We use tablets to markup pdf files for changes before we release a final product. I have noticed that the pencil tool does not act as a pencil only. Example if I want to mark up a measurement of 1.0 down to .5 you cannot generate the "." because the pencil is acting like a mouse or if you long press on the tablet it behaves like a right click or if you go back to edit an older drawing it selects the drawing.

For a feature I would like the ability of the pencil tool to be just that without any other functions.

Thanks,

-Bobby
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Pencil Tool

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi mrbdye,

Thanks for the post - this is something that the developers are currently looking into improving. Unfortunately, I don't have any information available as to when a solution will be implemented, but it is definitely being looked into now :)

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
michael williams
User

Post by michael williams »

Just to be clear about this...for users of a Windows tablet PC, the pencil tool is INFERIOR in PDF-XChange Editor compared to PDF-XChange Viewer. In the new software (Editor), you CANNOT use your PC stylus as a pencil to mark up documents, because it thinks your stylus is a mouse. (Unless you click and hold the left mouse key while writing, which is a big pain in the neck) Conversely, in the old software (Viewer), you CAN use your stylus as a pencil; it is correctly recognized and you can write to your heart's content (without holding down the mouse key).

This reduced functionality of Editor compared to Viewer is a deal breaker for me. I have uninstalled Editor and reinstalled Viewer. If this issue is not addressed, then I will be very unhappy that I paid for 3 years of maintenance when I bought Viewer earlier this year. I suspect that a bunch of other Tablet PC users will be unhappy too.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Michael,

thanks for the post. We are actively working on Stylus Support for the Editor. We appreciate that it does not have all the functionality that the Viewer did and this is going to change. the only question at this point is in which build it will be implemented. I have made a note of your comments on the ticket and hopefully this will raise the priority however I must point out that there is quite a lot to do here and we cannot give a firm ETA yet.

Rest assured that it will happen however.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Cciedump.spoto
User

Post by Cciedump.spoto »

Well, I have used this tool and it is quite useful and easy to use. I have created many drawings through it.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Cciedump.spoto,

Thanks for the kind words :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.