Surface Pro 4 Stylus: Right-click in Editor

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
william lee
User

Surface Pro 4 Stylus: Right-click in Editor

Post by william lee »

I have a Surface Pro 4 with the standard stylus that comes with that tablet. It has a single button on the side. In many apps, holding down this button while tapping the screen is equivalent to a right click.

That is not the case with PDF-XChange Editor. My version is 6.0.318.0, as part of PDF-XChange Pro.

As a result, I can create sticky notes, but not remove them (requires a right click). In full-screen mode, I can click to go to the next page. I cannot right-click to go to the previous page.

And so forth. If I attach a mouse (bluetooth or usb), the right clicks work fine. Just not with the stylus.

Is it possible to enable this functionality?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Surface Pro 4 Stylus: Right-click in Editor

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi William,

we do have our own touch interface. If you apply the reg setting below it will disable our touch screen interface and revert to what ever you have set up for Windows. The Editor should then work the same as other apps.

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\TouchSupport]
"b.UseTabletDriver"=dword:00000000
hth
Attachments
editor_no_touch_support.zip
(387 Bytes) Downloaded 377 times
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
juice
User

Post by juice »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi William,

we do have our own touch interface.
G'day,

is there documentation for this somewhere? Searching the user manual and googling hasn't brought up anything, and using the software on my SP3 is proving to be a bit of a trial, much as I love it on the desktop. All I really want to do is flick through pages and (with the pen) highlight stuff.

Thanks.
--
cheers, mic
juice
User

Post by juice »

G'day guys, still wondering about this.
--
cheers, mic
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Juice,

We don't have any documentation specific to touchscreen use. Essentially, it should work the same as in other applications. If there are any issues (such as you have described in your first post), do let us know as we're always endeavouring to improve the way that we handle touchscreens and styluses.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com