PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 via software deployment with .mst-file

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mpibafib
User

PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 via software deployment with .mst-file

Post by mpibafib »

Dear all,

I'm trying to enroll PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 via software deployment (Windows Server 2012 R2).

First of all, I opened the .msi-file (PDF-XChange Pro V6.0) with Orca and added properties like ''keydata'', ''don't create desktop shortcuts'' etc. and created the .mst-file.
If I publish the .msi-file (PDF-XChange Pro V6.0) combined with the .mst-file on a client-pc (Windows 7) everything works fine.

The language of the client-pc (Windows 7) is german and I'm trying to enroll the PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 in english or french.
I already tried some properties combined with language-ids, but I don't find the right one. Which properties do I have to set with Orca to set the desired language?

Any ideas? Thank you for your support...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 via software deployment with .mst-f

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mpibafib,

If you do not specify a language, the system locale will be checked and if the same localization is available for our products - it will be set to be the default. In your case you will need to set these three from this page:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/EUM/de ... tches_pro5
EDITOR_LANGUAGE
DDEFLANGID
PDEFLANGID

1033 is for English, 1031 for German, and here's a full list:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... d.10).aspx

Regards,
Stefan
mpibafib
User

Post by mpibafib »

Dear Stefan,

I tried your suggestion and realized:

(1) If I don't specify a language, the programs ''PDF-Tools'', ''Office2PDF V6'' and ''PDF-XChange Editor'' will be installed in german but the language of ''PDF-XChange Printer V6: pdf Saver'' will be installed in english.

(2) If I specify german in properties (EDITOR_LANGUAGE -> de-DE, DDEFLANGID -> 1031, PDEFLANGID -> 1031) all programs (''PDF-Tools'', ''Office2PDF V6'', ''PDF-XChange Editor'', ''PDF-XChange Printer V6: pdf Saver'') will be installed in german.

(3) If I specify english in properties (EDITOR_LANGUAGE -> en-US, DDEFLANGID -> 1033, PDEFLANGID -> 1033), the programs ''PDF-Tools'' and ''Office2PDF V6'' will be installed in german and ''PDF-XChange Editor'' and ''PDF-XChange Printer V6: pdf Saver'' will be installed in english.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your support...
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi mpibafib,

we are going to have to look into this. I may not have anything concrete to get back to you with until early next week however. Can you hold off until then?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
mpibafib
User

Post by mpibafib »

Hi Paul,

I'm still searching for a solution. If you have any other idea please let me know.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi mpibafib

we have made some progress here. There is an issue with the printer as you show, it does not honour the LocaleID in the registry properly. I have made a Support Request Ticket for this, RT#3668: LocaleID not honoured by printer during Pro install

As a work around yo can try setting the value of this reg key to
(0) - Use the Locale Language. I tested this and if changed from (-1) to (0) this puts the printer into German on a German Locale PC
(Decimal value for location) - (1031) for German etc.

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 6\LocaleID
Let me know how that works for you? In the meanwhile the issue will be addressed along with other items for the next build.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
mpibafib
User

Post by mpibafib »

Hi Paul,

this solution doesn't make sense in my case cause PDF-XChange Pro V6.0 has to be in english on a german OS.
Hopefully there will be a new version soon.

Thanks for your support
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi mpibafib,

Not quite sure that I understand - Initially you had said that by not specifying a language, the applications are all installed in the English, correct? If you need all components of XChange Pro to install in English, then not specifying a language should be sufficient.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.