PDF Tools 6 loses bookmarks on merge

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

punkgoth99
User

PDF Tools 6 loses bookmarks on merge

Post by punkgoth99 »

Hi Guys

I have a number of documents that I am trying to merge together however I lose the hyperlink to bookmarks on merge. E.g. I have a section of text that points to the title page of an appendix however, once the appendix has been inserted, the bookmark no longer points to the page.

Is there a way of maintaining the bookmarks? :?

Thanks guys
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF Tools 6 loses bookmarks on merge

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello punkgoth99,

Just make sure to select the correct option for handling bookmarks, as the default is to not copy them. Please see the attached image on how you can change that.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
bookmarks_copy.zip
(84.54 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
punkgoth99
User

Post by punkgoth99 »

Hi Stephan

Thanks for the info. I've double checked all the settings and it's set to copy bookmarks etc. The Hyperlink still fails to point to the bookmark once the document is merged. Very odd.

is there anything else it could be?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello punkgoth99,

Can you please attach before and after sample files - so that I can see what exactly is happening - as I do not think I have similar files to test with, and it will be best if I try to reproduce the issue with your samples.

Regards,
Stefan