Crop Pages / Custom Tools

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Alex_stgt
User

Crop Pages / Custom Tools

Post by Alex_stgt »

Hi @all

Is it possible to define a permanent "defaut folder" in the custom tools?

For example
1. I create a tool for "Projekt A / all Drawings" and want to use a shortcut for Projekt A to edit "xyz" then everytime i klick the shortcut i have to choose a folder (and it starts with the last used folder)
2. I Create a tool for "Projekt B / all Drawings" i have the same question for the folder and maybe it starts on the Projekt A folder or somewhere else...

(Maybe a good change for the next Update!?)

Thank you for your answer
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Crop Pages / Custom Tools

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Alex_stgt,

Please when creating that tool for the "Save Documents" section make sure to specify "Use custom folder specified" - and then enter the desired value - and this should be used as a fixed and permanent folder in which all of the results of that tool's operation will end. Please check the attached image.
Attachments
fixed_save_location.zip
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Alex_stgt
User

Post by Alex_stgt »

Hi Stefan

Saddly not the solution because this is only the "Save to" Folder
The Source Folder is saddly always only "the last one".
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Alex_stgt,

Sorry I misunderstood the original question.
Indeed it is not currently possible to specify a fixed folder - but those tools are meant to be reusable - so if you force a fixed folder for source files, and then that folder disappears - this will "break" the tool.
As for which folder is opened when "ask for source files" pops up - is handled by windows, and not by us. We just ask Windows "please show a file select dialogue" - and it does the rest.

Regards,
Stefan