Scanner Selection

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

frank pilhofer
User

Scanner Selection

Post by frank pilhofer »

Hi,
I have a Canon LiDE 700F scanner. When scanning with IrfanView, I can choose between two TWAIN sources, one using the same plain interface as in PDF Tools ("Scan to PDF"), and another much fancier UI.
In PDF Tools, I can select between two scanners, "Standard (WIA CanoScan LiDE 700F)" and "WIA CanoScan LiDE 700F". However, in both cases, I will see the same plain UI (see Clipboard02.png attachment at the bottom).
In IrfanView, I can choose between the two drivers, "WIA-WIA CanoScan LiDE 700F 1.0 (32-32)", which yields the same UI as before, and "CanoScan LiDE 700F 14.0 (32-32)", which gives me a much better UI (see Clipboard03.jpg attachment at the top).
This interface allows a much better work flow. In particular, it allows me to select a page area (such as A5) and then to batch-scan multiple pages with this setting. With the plain UI, I have to preview and crop each page individually.
Is it possible to enable this other UI in the Scan to PDF function, too? That would make some of my scan jobs much easier! At the moment, I sometimes resort to scanning images with IrfanView and only then switching to PDF Tools.
Is there anything I can do to help debug why this TWAIN source is not showing up in PDF Tools?
Thank you,
Frank
Attachments
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard02.png
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Scanner Selection

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the post - TWAIN drivers are almost always 32-bit and no 64-bit application can work with 32-bit scanner drivers, it's simply a limitation of modern computing. You can try using the Portable Editor, as that is 32-bit:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXEdit6_Portable.zip

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com