Changing Security Settings on PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HebertLD
User

Changing Security Settings on PDF

Post by HebertLD »

We are in the process of upgrading from PDF Tools 4.0 to V6. There is a functionality in that older version that we need to find out if V6 has.

We merge hundreds of "Secured" PDF documents each day and in V4.0, we had made a change to the Security level from the Setup PDF screen after selecting the files we want to merge. This would allow us to merge these "Secured" PDF documents without needing to enter a password. Does that functionality exist in this newer version? Can we "remove" (meaning can the system at least let you merge secured documents) the password in order to merge multiple documents together? I tried looking on this forum and could not find an answer to this question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

I have a screen shot of where we made those changes in V4.0, but need to know if we can do this same in V6.0.
Attachments
PDF Tool Issue.pdf
(26.23 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Changing Security Settings on PDF

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the post - The ability to bypass this in previous versions of PDF-Tools was a flaw: if a document, or set of documents, is/are secured then a password should be entered to allow you to work with them. Doing otherwise would represent a breach of security.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

A feature to automatically enter the needed password, to open protected files before being able to process them, is still missing in PDF-Tools V6.
(... for as far as I know ...)

This was not a first time question:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 6&p=110782

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy,

Yes - this is true, but the original post was asking for a functionality that was an ommission in the older PDF Tools :)

As for the feature request you linked to - I am afraid that I do not have any updated news at this time.

Cheers,
Stefan
DenisO
Site Admin

Post by DenisO »

Hi Herbert,

the feature to store passwords was added in PDF Tool V6 in version 6.0.322. Unlike the PDF Tools 4.0 you can save mulptiple passwords for future use in any tool. Go to Preferences -> Passwords, init passwords storage with master password and enter passwords you need to use with your pdfs.

Kind Regards
Attachments
pref.JPG
Denis Oleksenko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Denis :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com