How to bring back Tool Info Pane and Tools List to one Main window

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

annguyen
User

How to bring back Tool Info Pane and Tools List to one Main window

Post by annguyen »

Hi,

When I open the PDF - tools V6 on my computer, I notice that the layout has changed to what it was previously.

The Tool info pane (which contains the Tools Action Sequence) which originally appeared on the right side of the main window is now appearing on a whole new tab. So the tools action sequence is not longer visual beside the Tools List.

When I open the tool, I would everything to appear on the main window. I'm not sure how this happened and how to change it back to its previous layout. Please Help.

Thank you
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to bring back Tool Info Pane and Tools List to one Main window

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the post - We've also received your email and have seen the screen-shot. Can you please try updating to Build 322.4 and see if that helps?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
annguyen
User

Post by annguyen »

Hi Will

Thanks for your prompt response.

I probably should have included this in the original post, but I am running this tool on multiple remote desktop servers all with the same settings. Essentially, they should all be the same (properties, settings etc.). On the other servers, the layout is fine. Is there a way around this without having to update?

Thank you
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

1) In case if you are experienced with Windows Registry, and you are sure to run exactly the same version and build of PDF-XChange Tools as you are on the other - correctly working - computers, then you can think about removing the following key and replace it by a copy from a good working PC.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXTools]

2) In the following location, there is a little bit storage of PDF Tools, but I doubt if that will make any difference:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXTools

Myself, I am not able to reproduce the problem.

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Willy!

I also don't see the issue here. Rather than go straight to the registry, I'd recommend that you simply reset the settings via Options --> Reset All Settings. Please note that this will also remove custom tools, so you may want to export your custom tools via that same menu first.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
annguyen
User

Post by annguyen »

Hi Willy and Will,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I followed Willy's suggestion with Windows Registry. Instead of deleting the whole key, I opened both servers - compared under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXTools\...\ToolsView]Layout\] and found the difference between my servers that was affecting the appearance. Ended up only having to modify one registry key. :D

Thanks again everyone for the help!!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Anna,

Glad to hear it :D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)