Export to Excel

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rsm norge as
User

Export to Excel

Post by rsm norge as »

We are considering PDF Tools for all our employees, but cannot get the PDF exported to Excel in any useable format. All records end up on one very long line.

We are using Norwegian Office 2013 with regional settings set to Norwegian.

Bjørn Chr. Borgen
RSM Norge AS
rsm norge as
User

Re: Export to Excel

Post by rsm norge as »

Another issue is that every page in the PDF file ends up as a separate sheet in the Excel file. It would have been very useful to have a choice/option to have all pages in one sheet. When we tested the PDF export to Excel our 30 page PDF ended up as an Excel file with 30 separate sheets.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rsm norge as,

I am afraid that currently there's no way to control the export - and each page of the file will end up as a separate sheet in Excel.
As for the information itself - can we get a sample of an original PDF page and the resulting excel file (zip/rar them before attaching)?

Regards,
Stefan
rsm norge as
User

Post by rsm norge as »

I tried to find a way to upload sample files but could not find any way to do it. How can I send you these files?
Regards BCB @ RSM
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello rsm norge as,

When you are in the reply page - click the button highlighted on the image below:
attachment.png
The file types accepted are PDF and archives (zip/rar/7z) - so make sure to archive the excel document first.

Regards,
Stefan
rsm norge as
User

Post by rsm norge as »

Sorry. Didn't see the Attachements part... Files attached
Attachments
PDF-XChange Tools-Excel From PDF.PDF
Excel file-This must be renamed to XLSX
(7.34 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
PDF-XChange Tools.pdf
(21.58 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
rsm norge as
User

Post by rsm norge as »

Hello,

Any news on this? We would really like to know if there is something we can do in the software in order to have the export to Excel work as expected.

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello rsm norge as,

I have manadeg to reproduce your issue, and was awaiting some feedback from our devs.
It seems like this will need extra time to be investigated - so I've made a ticket in our system:
#4065: Editor 322.7: Export to excel formatting issue.
To allow us to look at this in detail - and we will post back again here as soon as we have any additional info.

Regards,
Stefan
jasmyndube
User

Post by jasmyndube »

I tried to find a way to upload sample files but could not find any way to do it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello jasmyndube,

Welcome to our forums.
You can attached .pdf or archive files only, and there's a 5MB limit, so if your file is an excel document - archive it first (.zip/.rar/.7z) - and then you will be able to upload it to your post. If it's larger than 5MB - upload it somewhere else and share the link in your post, and we will be happy to take a look.

Regards,
Stefan
rsm norge as
User

Post by rsm norge as »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello rsm norge as,

I have manadeg to reproduce your issue, and was awaiting some feedback from our devs.
It seems like this will need extra time to be investigated - so I've made a ticket in our system:
#4065: Editor 322.7: Export to excel formatting issue.
To allow us to look at this in detail - and we will post back again here as soon as we have any additional info.

Regards,
Stefan
Any news on this matter? Do you have any idea as of when this will be looked into?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello rsm norge as,

I see the ticket has been assigned to a developer, and work item assigned for the issue - so it will be worked on, however looking at the info available - it seems the issue is with detecting that there is table contents in the original file, so we are working on the logic for that. At the moment I can't give an estimate how long it will take us to develop this feature, but as soon as there is further info in the ticket - we will let you know!

Regards,
Stefan