Printing multiple of files to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fruck
User

Printing multiple of files to PDF

Post by fruck »

Hello,
I am using your ” PDF-XChange Standard V6 pdfSaver” and I do have one function that I don’t know how to solve.
I am constructing some electrical documentation for machines and want to “print” them as PDF. And it´s always multiple of files that will be printed. I have a script at the CAD program and it has been working without any trouble with the rival of you.
What is happening is that for every file I plot it come the window “save as”, that it is something that I would like to choose in the end or the beginning of the run.
Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance!
Per Fruck
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Printing multiple of files to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hell Per Fruck,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your enquiry.
If your CAD application is sending those documents as separate print jobs - the default settings in our driver will mean that you will get asked for each of those prints separately to select where it has to be saved.

I presume you want to "merge" them all into one file - then please try making settings similar to these:
binder.png
And now all yuor print jobs will be merged together silently without you being asked for a file name at all.
You will of course need to move/rename the binder file between separate print batches, to make sure that you get the correct pages collected together each time.

Regards,
Stefan
fruck
User

Post by fruck »

Thank you Stefan,
After some crafting it is now working as I wont :D
BRG
Per Fruck
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear that Per Fruck!

Cheers,
Stefan
Carsten.Sch
User

Post by Carsten.Sch »

Hello,

I had the same problem (Report Generator, 100+ PDF to one), the solution helped me. There was only one problem, I think you have to uncheck the "Run Application After Printing".

Saving as a new profile is recommended.

Suggestion: In future Versions it should be possible to choose a Filename before saving.

Regards
Carsten
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Carsten,

Glad to ehar it helped you as well!
And thanks for the suggestions! I will pass them along for consideration.

Cheers,
Stefan