Printing multiple of files to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fruck
User

Printing multiple of files to PDF

Post by fruck »

Hello,
I am using your ” PDF-XChange Standard V6 pdfSaver” and I do have one function that I don’t know how to solve.
I am constructing some electrical documentation for machines and want to “print” them as PDF. And it´s always multiple of files that will be printed. I have a script at the CAD program and it has been working without any trouble with the rival of you.
What is happening is that for every file I plot it come the window “save as”, that it is something that I would like to choose in the end or the beginning of the run.
Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance!
Per Fruck
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Printing multiple of files to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hell Per Fruck,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your enquiry.
If your CAD application is sending those documents as separate print jobs - the default settings in our driver will mean that you will get asked for each of those prints separately to select where it has to be saved.

I presume you want to "merge" them all into one file - then please try making settings similar to these:
binder.png
And now all yuor print jobs will be merged together silently without you being asked for a file name at all.
You will of course need to move/rename the binder file between separate print batches, to make sure that you get the correct pages collected together each time.

Regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fruck
User

Post by fruck »

Thank you Stefan,
After some crafting it is now working as I wont :D
BRG
Per Fruck
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear that Per Fruck!

Cheers,
Stefan
Carsten.Sch
User

Post by Carsten.Sch »

Hello,

I had the same problem (Report Generator, 100+ PDF to one), the solution helped me. There was only one problem, I think you have to uncheck the "Run Application After Printing".

Saving as a new profile is recommended.

Suggestion: In future Versions it should be possible to choose a Filename before saving.

Regards
Carsten
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Carsten,

Glad to ehar it helped you as well!
And thanks for the suggestions! I will pass them along for consideration.

Cheers,
Stefan