input page numbers with custom start value

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

daniel_lutz
User

input page numbers with custom start value

Post by daniel_lutz »

After i upgrade to v7 it seems to be that there is no option in header- and footer-Dialog to set the start value of page numbers? Is there a way to get it back?

When i used the old placeholder it seems to be recognized from the dialog an use the old set start value. But there is no button to get the dialog for setting. The new pagenumber macro has no option to set the start value?

Best regards
Daniel

Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: input page numbers with custom start value

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Daniel,

Yes there is no longer a menu option to set the start counter value, but it can be done with a macro.
E.g.:

Code: Select all

%[Page:;3] //this is current page number + 3
We have documented those in the help system, though it seems like the macros for pages have not been updated to indicate you can add a second parameter:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe6 ... er_ed.html
And you can access the help system from inside the Editor via the following menu::
Macros_guide.png
Regards,
Stefan
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

Okay the new way seems to be work. If there a way to supress that the last setting property would be saved? When i edit the tool in PDF Tools i can set the macro like

%[Page:;START]

When i run the tool, then i see it and set the correct value. When i rerun the tool pdf tool load not the default value ut the last set value like

%[Page:;45]

Best regards
Daniel
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Daniel,

I don't think there's a way for that currently.
I will bring it up on the next meeting and see what my colleagues in the dev team will say about this!

Cheers,
Stefan