PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Ivan - Tracker Software, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

STAMPING MULTIPLE PAGES WITH TEXT AND OR GRAPHICS

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 pm

HI ALL
I HAVE DECIDED TO REVISIT PDF EXCHANGE AS AN OPTION FOR A PDF VIEWER IN OUR APP
HOWEVER I HAVE A TRICKY REQUIREMENT AND NOT THE TIME TO EXPERIMENT. I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER SOMEONE WITH SOME UNDERSTANDING OF THE NEW PDF EDITOR A PAID TASK TO DEVELOP THE NEEDED FUCTIONALITY USING VB.NET OR C# (VB PREFERRED)

IM SORRY IF THIS MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT FORUM TO PUT THIS OUT THERE..BUT HERE GOES :-)

HAPPY TO DISCUSS THE REQUIREMENT WITH ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AGO....THAT OF COURSE INCLUDES TRACKER SUPPORT/DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES :-)
I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE HELP :D
THANKS
ANDRE

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: STAMPING MULTIPLE PAGES WITH TEXT AND OR GRAPHICS

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 am

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the post - can you please provide specific details on the feature you're looking for?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:32 pm

ALL THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ABLE TO BE DONE WHILE THE USER IS VIEWING THE PDF FILE.

TEXT OR IMAGES (STAMPS OR JPG FILES ) SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE SELECTED FROM A DATABASE OF ITEMS AND/OR IN THE CASE OF JPG /TIFF IMAGES FROM A SHARED NETWORK FOLDER, A LIST OF WHICH COULD BE DISPLAYED IN A DIALOG WINDOW OR IN THE CASE OF TEXT AS MENU ITEMS.

WHEN A TEXT ANNOTATION (OR STAMP) IS ADDED TO A PAGE IT SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE PAGE ROTATION AND SHOULD ALSO WRAP ACCORDING TO SOME PRE-DETERMINED PARAMETERS SO LONG TEXT DOES NOT FLOW OFF THE PAGE

1: STAMP USER DEFINED TEXT AT THE MOUSE POSTION ON A PDF PAGE
COULD THIS BE DONE BY CAPTURING A TEXT ANNOTATION ADD EVENT AND INSERT THE TEXT FROM A SELECTED MENU ITEM BEFORE THE ANNOTATION IS ADDED TO THE PDF PAGE. THE ACTION MUST BE UNDOABLE AND THE ANNOTATION SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE EDITED

2: PLACE TEXT ANNOTATION AT A GIVEN POSTION ON A PDF PAGE FOR SELECTED PAGES OF A PDF FILE.
THE ANNOTATION MUST REMAIN EDITABLE.
POSTION COULD BE SET BY A DIALOG WINDOW SHOWING TOP LEFT, BOTTOM LEFT, TOP MIDDLE ETC

3: PLACE STAMP ANNOTATIONS AT A GIVEN POSTION ON A PDF PAGE FOR SELECTED PAGES OF A PDF FILE.
THE ANNOTATION MUST REMAIN EDITABLE.
POSTION COULD BE SET BY A DIALOG WINDOW SHOWING TOP LEFT, BOTTOM LEFT, TOP MIDDLE ETC
STAMP ANNOTATIONS COULD HAVE ANY APPEARANCE. THEY COULD BE CREATED FOR INSTANCE FROM A STORED JPG OR TIFF IMAGE LOCATED IN A DATABASE OR FROM A SHARED FOLDER ON A NETWORK DRIVE

WE ARE ABLE TO ACHIEVE ALL OF THE ABOVE IN OUR CURRENT SOLUTION BUT ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE ABILITY OF THE TOOL PROVIDER TO PROVIDE SUPPORT INTO THE FUTURE.

AM HAPPY TO ARRANGE A PHONE CALL/REMOTE SESSION TO DEMONSTRATE THE REQUIREMENTS

CHEERS :D

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Andre,

we have created a new forum for this, specifically for users looking for third party developers such as this.

Hopefully someone on this list will answer the call.

hth

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:26 am

Many Thanks....although I have engaged two external consultants in the past who have had some dificulty working with the software...and have stated its not possible to do what I need using Tracker...many suggestion where offered as to alteratives but none were to our liking.

Pehaps someone at Tracker could take on the task. :D ...from my understanding of the licence cost we would pay $8000 odd plus the cost of the devlopment I need

PS which forum is it in ...Sorry but I carnt see it on the list of forums :oops:

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Andre,

this is the moved post, the forum name is now "Looking for 3rd party developers".

I will make sure the powers that be here at Tracker see this and we get some sort of response. I expect it to be a few days before we hear anything as the CEO is travelling right now.

hth

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:14 am

Much Appreciated Paul
many thanks :D

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:34 am

:)

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Paul
Sorry but im have some trouble accessing the new forum.
All other forums have "tick" on the left hand side apart from the new developer forum.
I carnt actually open this forum and read the eight or so posts
thanks
Andre

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:23 am

Hi Andre,

The current topic is the only one in that forum for now (please check the attached image).
Or is it another forum that you have troubles accessing?

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
3rd party devs.zip
(22.17 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 am

Hi All
Bit disappointed to see This topic has had a few views but no takers.
Im wondering if this means the task is not possible with tracker SDK.

I wonder if someone from Tracker tech support would like to comment.
As I mentioned in my initial post We would be prepared to pay for the development of a proof of concept.

Cheers

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that this isn't likely to something that we would be willing to take up on, at this time, as we have far too many other items on our list, requested by many, many more users. At the risk of sounding cliché, we must balance the needs of the many against the needs of the few.

We are making further inquiries to see if we have Devs. available, but there's a good chance that they're all on far too heavy a load to look into this at this time. If this is time sensitive, you're best inquiring elsewhere as, if the Dev. Team have members available and willing to work on this, we cannot promise it could be done in an expedient manner.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support

visual approvals
User
Topic Author

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks for your response.
Frankly I would have thought that the task would be quite simple for a Tracker developer. to accomidate , especially given their experince with the product. A$20000 return on the devlopers time for what I imagine would a couple of days work seems quite reasonable.

I understand that developers are busy....they always are.....that's not new ....what I find supprising is a comment along the lines that you offered......to put what you wrote another way....My needs are unimportant compared to the needs of others....an augment that could be applied in any given circumstance

With respect...If I had put such a response on our own support site In response to a customers request for enhancement or support...regardless of wether they are Star Trek fans or not I could expect a call from thier CEO

Of course it could also be the case that what I need cannot be done with your SDK....In that case a simple, it cannot be done would suffice.

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello visual approvals,

Sorry for the late answer - did not see that thread for quite some time (it's on the bottom part of the Dev. forums - I rarely go there). From the first sight, all of that is possible with our SDK. I will talk with our higher-ups and will reply whether we can take such an order and will write you back ASAP.

Cheers,
Alex
Join us at Google+:
https://plus.google.com/+PDFXChangeEditorTS
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:12 am

Hello visual approvals,

My dev. lead told me that I can take this order of yours. Please mail me at polaringu@tracker-software.com with further details.

Cheers,
Alex
Join us at Google+:
https://plus.google.com/+PDFXChangeEditorTS
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ