using ActiveX - Open PDF files residing on the server

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mikimiki30
User

using ActiveX - Open PDF files residing on the server

Post by mikimiki30 »

Greetings,
I have a query regarding PDF-XChange Viewer SDK ActiveX.
I am able to view the client PDF only if I provide the full qualified path of PDF file.
But I am unable to workout a HTML page with embedded ActiveX which will open up the PDF files residing on the server.

So, If I want to open uo the PDF file on my "http://localhost/temp/test123.pdf", what should I use??

Here is the code I am using-

Code: Select all

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>New Page</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
    <OBJECT ID="oPDF" NAME="oPDF" WIDTH=867 HEIGHT=588 
 CLASSID="CLSID:FE36F0F3-F082-41B7-9EED-772505A7C054"
</OBJECT> 
    <INPUT TYPE=button VALUE="Click Me" ONCLICK="oPDF.OpenDocument('C:\temp\abc.pdf'); return false;"/>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

For now the viewer doesn't support opening PDF files from URLs.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Opening PDF file by the URL is supported now into build 0025 of the viewer which should be available soon.

P.S. Please note that there is an error into your HTML code -- OBJECT tag isn't closed.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.