Issues with searching words/records in bold text  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Sitech
User

Issues with searching words/records in bold text

Post by Sitech »

Ls,

We are using PDF-Xchange Editor plus version 9.1 build 356.0 in our company. But we have strange thing. A few end users did have a issue with searching bold text. See below as example :
image.png
In adobe it works!

image1.png
Did we do something wrong?

Thanks for the answer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Issues with searching words/records in bold text

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

We can see from your images that in PDF-XChange Editor the Find feature does not find the text "10156043" in your PDF.
However, Adobe Acrobat Reader does not seem to have a problem with finding that same text in the same PDF.

Two things to check:

1) In PDF-XChange Editor, activate the "Content" pane, via the View-ribbon > Panes.
In that Content pane, look into the content of the given page if you can find the text "10156043" as one continuous string.
- Yes or No ?

2) Try the Search feature instead of Find, and check if you can find the text via that way.
Below "WHAT would you like to search?", introduce the search-text in the box besides the first radio-button
Below "WHERE would you like to search?", select "In the Active Document ("...") "
Click Search
- Does it find the text, Yes or No ?

I suppose that Tracker Software Support will be interested in having a copy of your document for further investigation, but it seems to me that your PDF in question is not supposed to be publicly published on this forum. So, if needed, you can best send it to their email address : support@pdf-xchange.com with a reference (hyperlink) to this topic.

Best regards / Groeten.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Sitech

Willy is correct that we would like to see a copy of the document if possible. His troubleshooting steps would also be great to know the results of, but with the file we can also test those ourselves.

Please do provide us a copy of this file so that we can investigate, with a link to this thread. As willy mentioned, our email address is <support@pdf-xchange.com>

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Sitech
User

Post by Sitech »

ls,

I send the document to the support email adres. Thanks for al support at the moment.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sitech,

Was that resolved over e-mails? I can't quite find a communication with the e-mail you've given for your forum profile, so just want to make sure it has been followed up correctly!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Sitech
User

Post by Sitech »

Oh no I send a email with the document
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Issues with searching words/records in bold text  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Sitech

I am posting here to provide a notice that I have received your email now, and after some inspection and testing, passed it along to the Dev team. It looks like this may be a simple case of multiple overlapping text objects in the document, but that will need to be resolved in a future update. Unfortunately there is nothing that I can offer at the moment to resolve this.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com