Save web page in latest Opera with hyperlinks?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ramesh
User

Save web page in latest Opera with hyperlinks?

Post by Ramesh »

Hi,
I tried https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-pro with latest Opera browser. PDF I get does not have active URLs.
Is Opera supported by program? PDF seems store web page as image based content. :?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Save web page in latest Opera with hyperlinks?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

I suppose you tried printing via Print > PDF-XChange Standard printer.

See the answer on your question here:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=33619

To have a better result, you should try via right-mouse-click on the web-page and then click "Save as PDF...".

Kind regards.

Willy
Ramesh
User

Post by Ramesh »

Thanks.

of course I use Opera build in Save as PDF at present as the only way to preserve URLs, but problem is that saved PDF has always only one (sometimes a very) long page, and second I cannot before save PDF remove some headers and delete unwanted content...

So I was hoping that PDF-XChange Editor may come as help... :?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

After "Save as PDF...", you can open the resulting PDF in PDF-XChange Editor and then split the page(s), remove unneeded content, etc.

Or, if you have Google Chrome installed, use the built-in "Print > Save as PDF" feature, for a somewhat better result ?

Kind regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Willy Van Nuffel

Correct me If I am wrong, but is Opera not Chromium based now? (I do not use it myself, so am unsure) If it is, it should be able to utilize our Chromium web browser plugin (which Edge, Chrome, and Brave browsers can all access). This plugin is included as part of our "Standard printer" install package, so if you have a license for the "PRO" bundle, you should be able to use it without trouble.

Do note that generation of web links when printing relies on the "text" that is present within the document. Many browsers these days, Chrome included, send "shape" data instead of "text" when printing, and this prevents us from generating web page links during/after the print process. To get around this, again, using the chromium based web browser plugin will be you ticket to greatness.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Ramesh
User

Post by Ramesh »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:04 pm After "Save as PDF...", you can open the resulting PDF in PDF-XChange Editor and then split the page(s), remove unneeded content, etc.

Or, if you have Google Chrome installed, use the built-in "Print > Save as PDF" feature, for a somewhat better result ?

Kind regards.
So, there is such fine function in PDF-XChange Editor? ...My one page PDFs are sometimes really long.
Ramesh
User

Post by Ramesh »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:28 am Hello, Willy Van Nuffel

Correct me If I am wrong, but is Opera not Chromium based now? (I do not use it myself, so am unsure) If it is, it should be able to utilize our Chromium web browser plugin (which Edge, Chrome, and Brave browsers can all access). This plugin is included as part of our "Standard printer" install package, so if you have a license for the "PRO" bundle, you should be able to use it without trouble.

Do note that generation of web links when printing relies on the "text" that is present within the document. Many browsers these days, Chrome included, send "shape" data instead of "text" when printing, and this prevents us from generating web page links during/after the print process. To get around this, again, using the chromium based web browser plugin will be you ticket to greatness.

Kind regards,
I shall look for that extension, thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Ramesh

Our extension will not appear on the store, as it requires the appropriate software to be installed for use. You will want to download and install either the "standard printer" or the "PDF-XChange PRO" bundle from our products page in order to find this.
Note also that we simply make the extension available on your device, we have no way to push it out to your browsers, and so it can take a few minutes before it is detected and you are prompted to enable it, depending on the browser.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com