"Convert to PDF" in Outlook 2019

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

"Convert to PDF" in Outlook 2019

Post by Peter2 »

I would like to use this function in Outlook, because it is quick to start and uses the correct title as file name, but the result is bad, compared to "print with PDFXChange".

I used a simple mail in HTML, a few text lines and a signature with a small image as logo.
"Convert to PDF" has a bad quality of image (setting 200 dpi), has no caption, wrong alignment of header date and 240 kB size.
"print to pdf" has a good image quality, caption, perfect alignment and 40 kB size.

Why? Could it be done better?
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: "Convert to PDF" in Outlook 2019

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Peter2

Have you double checked the settings in our toolbar addin to ensure that you are not printing a lower than usual quality? These are the default settings, if you want to try mimicking them to see if the output is better.
image.png
There may also be some settings within outlook which could have an impact on this, as we use outlooks own rendering system to help with the conversion.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Hi Daniel
I have nearly the same settings as you - A4, 20mm margin, 100%, compression Medium. I attach two images to show the differences
print_to_pdf.png
convert_to_pdf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Peter2

Would it be possible for you to email us with a copy an email (in *.msg format) attached, so that I can open it in my 2019 instance here and test if I can reproduce the issue? You can export an MSG copy of any email from outlook by simply dragging the subject of the email from the mail folder to your desktop.
As usual, our email address is support@pdf-xchange.com, please also include a link to this topic in that email, so I can associate the two.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, again

Thank you for passing this along, I have received your email and am sharing the results with the dev team now. Hopefully they can find a solution, though I should warn you, it will not likely be fixed in time for this next coming release, and you may need to wait until the following release in a few weeks-to-months.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Peter2 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:27 am....and 240 kB size.
...and 40 kB size...
Sorry, sorry - my bad. The big PDF contains also the attachment which causes the increased size.

But nevertheless the formatting is strange.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter2,

Thanks for the update!
I am sure Dan will post more info as soon as it becomes available from the dev team!

Kind regards,
Stefan