Filter documents for additional metadata in xmp

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

biofunc
User

Filter documents for additional metadata in xmp

Post by biofunc »

Hello,

I have many documents that have been scanned and the scanner software has incorrectly recognized the text:

In case of documents fed in landscape format, the text gets recognized, but is displayed in the wrong place in the document and in a vertical orientation (see photo). It is due to the firmware of the scanner and meanwhile several hundred documents have been scanned.

I found a solution by first cleaning the document (metadata is preserved, old text layer is removed see photo) and then running the text recognition of pdf-xchange over it.

All documents have the entry "Macro V3.6.1" in the metadata as producer and author.

Can I filter the documents with the entry "Macro V3.6.1" to only do the cleaning and ocr there?

Best regards
biofunc
Picture-1.png
Picture-2.png
Picture-3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Filter documents for additional metadata in xmp

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello biofunc,

I can see the "Producer" info in windows explorer (you might need to turn this column on):
image.png
Would that help you narrowing down the files you need to reprocess?

I can not think of a way to do the "filtering" inside the Editor or Tools themselves.

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello biofunc,

As Stefan mentioned, the ability to do this kind of filtering with PDF-Tools isn't possible right now. After talking with the Development Team, we think that adding this feature can be done. So, I'm hopeful it will be in the next release.

I will reply to you here if we implement this feature, or you can follow the release notes to check if it has been implemented.

Kind regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products
biofunc
User

Post by biofunc »

Hello,
the filter function is already very good and I can manage with the solution suggested by Stefan.
But if you could now expand the search/filtering of the metadata, that would be great.

Thank you.

biofunc
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, biofunc

I haven't heard if this is making it into the upcoming release, but it should be just around the corner, likely in the next week, possible two if there are delays...
Keep an eye out for the release notes!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com