Separate OCR languages pack does not work.

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bugmenot
User

Post by bugmenot »

PDF-XChange Viewer v 2.5 (Build 322.10) (32-bit)
Windows 7, Ultimate, 64-bit.

When I install PDF-XChange Viewer, during installation it is possible to choose default OCR languages and they are working.

But when I decided to download additional OCR languages packs from https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdf-xchange-ocr, they do not work (I have tested Europe, Europe East, Europe North, and Europe West). None of them are working (they are listed in the menu, but after confirming selection, nothing happens).

Additionally, when I install OCR language pack “Europe”, the original OCR languages that were chosen during the installation and working prior to installation of additional OCR language pack also stopped working. If I keep the original OCR and install additional pack for example Europe North, then the original OCR languages work, but Europe North doesn’t.

No error message of any kind had displayed.

Location of the installation:
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\ocrdats

I have tried to reinstall, reboot couple of times, but the situation repeats.

Any possible solutions to this problem?

Below, screenshot of OCR menu.
02.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Separate OCR languages pack does not work.

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, bugmenot

Apologies, I need a bit of clarification on what you mean here:
None of them are working (they are listed in the menu, but after confirming selection, nothing happens).
Do you mean to say that selecting them from the dropdown refuses to set that as the active language, or does it become active, but on clicking OK to run OCR, it simply does fails to generate anything?

I should note that the Viewer has been discontinued for over 10 years now, so what support we can offer for it is limited. I presume you installed the languages normally, by running the installer included in these packages, correct? Are you running the fully installed version of the viewer, or is the perhaps a portable version?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com