How to Revert back to Vertical Continuous Scroll

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ajrubins
User

Post by ajrubins »

I somehow got my view for all documents messed up such that it shows all pages horizontally scrolling left to right. I am use to seeing a continuous vertical scroll where I can use my Page Down key or mouse scroll wheel to scroll thru the document. I am able to revert back to seeing just one page by clicking on the icon in the attachment1 here:
Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 1.png
BUT, then I have to click on the arrow in attachment 2 here to view the next page.
Screenshot 2.png
How can I get back to scrolling thru the document vertically in a continuous manner using my Mouse scroll wheel or Page Down?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

As a last resort, I may have to reset to initial settings when program was first installed. How do I do that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to Revert back to Vertical Continuous Scroll

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ajrubins,

You have likely turned on the ribbon page layout.
You can switch back to the standard one from the View ribbon tab:
image.png

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajrubins
User

Post by ajrubins »

No, that is not it. I did switch back and forth from ribbon UI to pull down UI, but even when I go back to Ribbon, I still see all my pages display horizontally as show in this screen shot. The line down the center of the screenshot is between one page and the next. I have to scroll thru pages with mouse "Hand" from left to right or right to left instead of from the top of my screen to the bottom. I do not know what icon or setting controls this?
I think I have clicked on every button there is on the View tab and I am not getting anywhere!

So frustrating, that I am getting close to looking for some way to make all my settings go back to the way they were when I first installed the program. Only problem with that, is I don't know how to do that either! Short of uninstalling the whole program and re-installing it which may loose my paid license?
image.png
image.png
ajrubins
User

Post by ajrubins »

One other thing ... I was playing around with Preferences under General and Page Display, so I may have messed something up in there. BUT, I went thru that and can not find anything obvious that would make every document scroll horizontally.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, ajrubins

I think you may have misread Stefan's post, the "Ribbon UI" is not what he was refering to, and if you look at his screenshot, he has included an indication of where the option to change between the "Standard" and "Ribbon" Page Layout is located.
Your screenshots show that you have enabled the RIbbon Page layout specifically, this is a separate setting from the distinction between ribbon and classic UI modes (those two are indeed as you say not relevant to this issue at all).

Please navigate to the View tab, as shown in Stefan's screenshot, and you will find the option you need to change.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
ajrubins
User

Post by ajrubins »

THANK YOU !!! Finally got it back to normal view.

I was looking for it in the wrong spot on the View ribbon, but once you said "Page Layout", I searched for that in the Quick Launch bar (which I think is one of the best features of the software) and I was able to find the option that way. The icon for it shows:
image.png
and when you hover your mouse over it, it says "Right-to-left page layout".

Guess I have to stop playing around with this software; that is how I get myself into trouble! :oops:
Really appreciate all the help.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com