Removal of Free version accidentally loaded over older paid version

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

raildata
User

Removal of Free version accidentally loaded over older paid version

Post by raildata »

Hello,

While walking a friend through loading Editor I accidently hit load and then loaded it over my older paid version. I now cannot access the capabilities my paid version allowed. It was not current for support.

How can I get back to where I was before making the mistake of loading the newer version?

Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Allen Stanley
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Removal of Free version accidentally loaded over older paid version

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, raildata

No worries, this is a common issue with a quick and easy solution.
Simply uninstall the current software, and restart your PC. Then head to your account page, and you will see a download button offering the correct version for use with your license, even after expiry!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
raildata
User

Post by raildata »

Thank you for your quick reply and excellent instructions. The issue is now resolved and things are back to normal.

If not inappropriate I have another question. When using the Document Properties selection and the Initial View box, Initial Layout , Navigation View, Bookmarks Pane & Page selection I cannot get it to operate. I click OK. I then close the document & reopen and Bookmarks do not show. They can be enabled as always. Am I missing a step or is this not available in the basic program?

Thank you!

Allen Stanley
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, raildata

By default most PDF software (including ours) will attempt restore the "last used" view, for any files that you have previously opened. You can think of the initial view settings as what will be set the first time you ever open a document in most cases. In this situation, because you need to open the file to set these options, you have a "previous view" to restore. You can disable these "restore" options from the application preferences (Ctrl_K) under the Page Display category:
image.png
After you uncheck these, any file you open will show the documents own "initial view" settings, if there are any, before it tries to load the application defaults.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com