Sessions not saving

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

card trix
User

Sessions not saving

Post by card trix »

Ever since I updated, I don't seem to be able to save a session.

When I updated to the latest version all my open documents disappeared (they never disappeared on any previous updates).

I have checked the box in "documents" to restore the session but they still seem to disappear each day I reopen the Editor.

Is there a) a way to get my old document session back? b) somewhere else I need to say that the sessions need to be restored?

I use open documents as a reference on a daily basis and this is proving rather difficult when all the documents keep disappearing.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
card trix
User

Re: Sessions not saving

Post by card trix »

Apologies I have just seen that this has already been picked up by others.

I obviously didn't look hard enough :-)

This new "feature" seems to be an answer to a question no one asked.

Can I have it so it can also do what it did before as I usually have quite a few documents open at once and having them closed without asking me is a pain in the derriere!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, card trix,

This problem will be fixed in the next build, which will be released within a week.

Please wait until then and report back if everything works as expected.

Regards.
card trix
User

Post by card trix »

Thanks for the quick reply Dimitar,

Apologies for the double posting.

I will let you know once I have applied the fix.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Sessions not saving

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
card trix
User

Post by card trix »

I have upgraded to 385 and am still having issues with the Session not saving.

image.png

Have I neglected to change something else apart from the Restore Last Session?

image(1).png

Many Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, card trix

What aspect of the session is not saving? I presume that you are closing the Editor properly, and then upon later re-opening you find that the files you had opened when you clicked close previously, are not present? or is there something else here that is not working as you expect?
How are you opening the software, and what exactly do you see?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
card trix
User

Post by card trix »

Hi Daniel,

I am opening the Editor in a couple of ways.

Sometimes I launch it from a pinned item on the Taskbar.

Other times I receive an email and there is a PDF attachment which I double click and then the Editor opens.

The last couple of times it has opened, not all the Tabs have been saved and a Tab that I have printed from opens with the Print Setup Dialogue open, even though I had printed the document the day before!

Hope that helps?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, card trix

The First thing I can think of is that perhaps you are using multiple document windows? The "restore last session" option only records the "last session" data when the application as a whole is closed. If for example, you have 3 windows, each with 2 documents in them opened (6 docs total), and you close those 3 windows in sequence. Only the last window you closed will be restored, meaning only 2 of the 6 files will re-open.
Beyond that, "new" unsaved documents of course cannot be restored, nor can those stored in an inaccessible location.
- A file must "exist" and have a path to be recorded in sessions. If a path is recorded but unavailable, no warning is presented, the file simply fails to open. You may want to look into the security settings or download folders which you mail clients are using. Many mail clients will delete files, or encrypt their downloads folder to prevent other apps access unless they expressly send the "open" command for a file.

As for the print dialog, that could very likely be caused by JavaScript in the document, or be part of a command line action, but it would not be related to the Sessions feature. I would be checking any files that encounter that issue directly, in particular, the Javscript section of the document properties (Ctrl_D)

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
card trix
User

Post by card trix »

Thank you Dan,

I will keep an eye out and I'm glad the session and print dialogue are separate issues.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and assistance.

Regards,

David
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Sessions not saving

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)