If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work

Post by rakunavi »

=== UPDATE ===================================================================
The issue reported below has been resolved in Ver 10.2.1 build 385.
I appreciate all the hard work and efforts of the support and development team.
==============================================================================

Hello all,

In Version 10.2.0 build 384, the Comments pane has been modified, but perhaps due to its effect, the checkmark no longer seem to work when the UI language is set to something other than English. The 'Marked' menu in the right-click menu does not work as well. See the video for more details.

• figure.png

Animation.gif
Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

P.S.
I am sorry to point out a minor detail, but the domain included in the EULA (PDFXLicense.pdf) that exists in the installation folder is still the old domain. PDF-XChange Updater also accesses the old domain tracker-software.com. Of course, users don't have to worry about it, since the new domain is automatically accessed.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.2.0 build 384
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.2861
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rakunavi on Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

Thanks for the report. Reproduced with Japanese like yourself, but also with e.g. German and French - so I made a ticket for our devs. Interestingly - if you have boxes that were checked before you changed the language - unchecking those works after the language is changed:
#6739: Editor 384: Check mark in comments pane can not be checked when language is not English (unchecking works)

Kind regards,
Stefan
rakunavi
User

Re: If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you, Stefan, for creating the ticket!

I am relieved to share my situation with you.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule.
Please give my best regards to the developers.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work

:)
KoLoLoLo
User

Re: If UI language is set to something other than English in build 384, checkmark in Comments pane doesn't seem to work

Post by KoLoLoLo »

I'll join the thread.
Is it possible to disable the new comment style? The new one doesn't work for me yet.
The font is very large and is simply unreadable?
Is it possible to configure it?
Comments.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, KoLoLoLo

i am afraid not, there is little in the way of control for the appearance at this time. I had a talk with the Devs about some items being unnecessarily large last night just before the build went live, so they are looking into improvements in that area, I will be sure they see this comment and example as well. By any chance would you be able to send us a copy of the document in question so we can use it as additional reference material?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
KoLoLoLo
User

Post by KoLoLoLo »

#TrackerSupp-Daniel
Sampel.pdf
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, KoLoLoLo

Thank you for that file, the Dev team have confirmed that they will be adding an option to make the text size uniform, instead of inheriting the original text size, which cases the excessively large appearance you see there (your comments are set to 20pt text).
I cannot say if this will make it into the next release or one following that, but you can look forward to that.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
KoLoLoLo
User

Post by KoLoLoLo »

Is it possible to somehow adjust the comment box to its content?
The photo shows short comments, but the window is very large and does not fit the text.

Big window.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, KoLoLoLo

That seems to be caused by the paragraph options, or a font error. If it is caused by the paragraph options, you can select the comment content, and press Ctrl+H to see and modify those values. If everything looks like this (Default values):
image.png
Than there is an issue with the font you have selected, and you will want to change the font inside of that comment to another, locally installed option, such as Arial (note that sometimes, a document can use a damaged "embedded" version of normal fonts, and so changing the font from the one shown in the document to the other version of it in the font list, can actually have a visible effect).
image(2).png
Once last note, "return characters" are included in the comments pane as well. Ensure you do not start or end you comments by pressing "Enter" as that will cause this "extra space" to be present in the comments pane:
image(1).png
Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
KoLoLoLo
User

Post by KoLoLoLo »

Hi Daniel,

Your answer was helpful.
Changing the paragraph size solves the window fit.
I haven't found an option to do this for all comments at the same time, so as not to have to select each comment individually.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello KoLoLoLo,

Comment annotations store the text in a 'structure' that is inside of another one that e.g. describes the bounding box of the comment - so indeed you need to have gotten to the step where you can edit the text inside that comment to be able to manipulate the font, and as such I do not believe there is a quick way to select multiple comments and change their text en masse.

Kind regards,
Stefan