Output not PDF/A-2b as selected  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

User4455
User

Output not PDF/A-2b as selected

Post by User4455 »

Dear Tracker-Team,

I have an issue with the MS word addin. Below is a screenshot of my selected profile.
grafik.png
As you can see, the profile should output a pdf with the PDF/A-2b standard, as selected. However, it seems that it doesn't. It does produce a pdf, but the resulting pdf is not PDF/A-2b (How I know: 1. no red top warning bar when pdf is opened; 2. no such reference in document properties).

I can put the resulting pdf through PDF-Tools
grafik(1).png
This does the trick. However, this is cumbersome and I tend to forget this extra step and then I spend an hour searching for the problem (The receipient of the pdf has some automated restrictions on the pdf-format that are unfortunately not well documented).

Could you kindly check if your word addin works fine in this regard and let me know? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Output not PDF/A-2b as selected  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, User4455

it definitely should be a PDF/A-2b - I tested here and mine was. I validated it here: https://www.pdfen.com/pdf-a-validator

What version of the software are you running? Is it the latest? 10.1.3.383?

May we see your output file perhaps? email it to support@pdf-xchange.com if it is private.

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
User4455
User

Re: Output not PDF/A-2b as selected

Post by User4455 »

Hi Paul,
thanks for the quick response.

I am using the same version as you mentioned.

I have tried this with a different source file and it worked.

I have then tried it with the earlier docx as source and - surprisingly - it worked also. :?

If this was my fault, I am terribly sorry, but I a absolutely sure that the settings were before as they are now and that it did not work. I dont know, that did the trick. Maybe switching profiles did it. Or opening and confirming settings of the profile in question. Seems difficult to investigate this further, actually.

So: It seems to work now. Will mark this as solved.

Thank you very much and apologies if this was my fault.

Cheers
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello User4455,

Happy to hear that it is working now for you!
And do not worry that it was 'your fault' - it could have been as you said - a setting that needed 'nudging' by resaving the profile!

Kind regards,
Stefan
User4455
User

Post by User4455 »

Hi again,

I had the problem again, but selecting a different profile and then selecting my indented profile again helped.

Thus, the office plugin seems to not reliably load or read from the selected profile, at least on first use after startup.

I should add that I see the error immediatly, because PDF/A-2b gives me the red warning bar in the editor (and this red bar is missing when the pluging didnt load my PDF/A-2b-profile). BUT if there are more subtle settings in the profiles, the error will go unnoticed.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Cheers!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello User4455,

Can you reproduce this consistently?
If you do - can we please have a sample of the generated file so that we can see how it was created?

Kind regards,
Stefan
User4455
User

Post by User4455 »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can reproduce it and it has nothing to do with pdf/A-2b-Standard. Rather it seems to be only about loading the correct profile by the office-plugin. I reproduced this in both word and powerpoint.

Here is a produced document, although I am not sure, how this would help.
test.pdf
My intended and preselected profile was supposed to show annotations and the created pdf does not have any (the "o" was a markup-change in the base file).

Again, it seems that loading the preselected profile does not seem to work. The preselection remembers my last profile - so far so good - but when I do not do any active selection, the standard-profile seems to be used.

So far I was only able reproduce this on machine-startup. By restarting ms-office only, I was not able to reproduce it (once I had done an active selection once).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello User4455,

I asked for the sample file so that I can see the differences between versions generated before and after the correct profile is applied, however indeed this might not be of much help if it is the profile applied to the office add-in that is the issue.

I see that in Dec you were using build 383, but I can not see whether you have since updated to 385.
Please give that a try and let me know if the issue is still there with 385, and if it is - I will ask our devs to take a look!

Kind regards,
Stefan
User4455
User

Post by User4455 »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your reply.

I just updated to the latest version and now I cannot reproduce the negative behaviour anymore.

I guess, this is solved then?! :)

Thanks for your support.

Cheers
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello User4455,

Indeed, let's count it as solved, and if it does reappear - you can always let us know and we will be investigating that further for you!

Kind regards,
Stefan