Enhanced OCR-Engine show no installed languages

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jexen
User

Enhanced OCR-Engine show no installed languages

Post by jexen »

PDF-XChange Editor Plus
10.2.1. Build 385 (Enhanced OCR)

Default Engine working fine.
Enhanced Engines has no language in the drop-down field even though languages are installed.
20240304.OCRNotInstalled.PNG
I have de-installed and reinstalled the PDF-XChange Editor without any change.
I removed the languages in the folder and the software detected that and allowed to reinstall the languages.
But the drop-down menu showed "None installed"

There were posts about this issue before but no reproducible approach to solve the issue.
E.g. viewtopic.php?t=37311
Often the issue vanished.

Anyone has an approach or hint where to look? Registry Entries?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Enhanced OCR-Engine show no installed languages

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, jexen

We are still trying to nail down possible causes for this issue. To start, did you launch the Editor in a different way than usual when this happened? For example, did you maybe open a PDF by clicking a web link or opening a mail attachment? if so, what application did you open that file through to launch the Editor.
After that, some users have seen the issue vanish after a simple restart, did you try that since your reinstalls? (I hope so, as reinstalling without a restart is prone to exacerbate issues, instead of fixing them in many cases) If not, please do so now and let me know if that helped at all.
Finally, if that did not work, we may need to arrange a remote session to see what else can be done. Could I ask you to email Support@PDF-XChange.com, so we can plan a connection with the Devs?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com