Command line: "splitMergePDF" arguments

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lumu
User

Command line: "splitMergePDF" arguments

Post by lumu »

Hi,

I am working on a VBA skript merging PDF files.

As a read in the forum regarding similar topics I have come to notice that
...products are not designed to be accessible in that way via VBA
. viewtopic.php?p=175499&hilit=%2Avba%2A#p175499

So I followed the advice using PDF Tools and run the windows cmd.

With the use of the manual I was able to manage to open PDF Tools.exe, /DumpTools, identify splitMergePDF as the correct tool ID to use.
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt10/in ... ons_t.html

Diving further I found in the forum the command line similar to this one
/RunTool:showui=no;showprog=no splitMergePDF "C:\Users\aaaa.pdf" "C:\Users\bbbb.pdf" /Output:folder=\"C:\Users\\";filename=\"testfile.pdf\";overwrite=yes

However I am wondering where to find a detailed description of that splitMergePDF command. What arguments can be usesd, what they do and so on. Is there a way to show all arguments or maybe a manual?

The manual presented seems to focus on front end useres but I really neeed to run via command line as I want to execute from VBA
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt8/ind ... ary_t.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Command line: "splitMergePDF" arguments

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello lumu,

The methods discussed in the first topic you linked are from our SDKs (that we were selling in the past but no longer do).
If you've managed to get the PDF-Tools to work for you through the command line - then that is fine.

Kind regards,
Stefan
lumu
User

Post by lumu »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the quick response.
Well I was able to run some code for PDF Tools via the command line and it seems to work for my purpose.
However I am still curios to know if there is any manual or homepage where I can get a closer look into the splitMergePDF command and espacially its arguments.

Right now I only know that the command takes two Inputs (given as file paths) and merges them. Also I know that I can set an Output (file path) and crate a new file (giving it a filename).

All the options describt in the "Action Liabrary"->"Create PDF Actions"->"Split/Merge Documents" manual https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt8/ind ... ary_t.html like arregnment of pages an so on should be available via the command line as well or am I wrong here? How do I use these options using the command line? Is there a specific order for the arguments? Do I neet to call the arguments by name?

Sorry when I mistake methods/arguments. Coding is not my profession.
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello lumu,

I'm sorry, but you cannot pass any specific parameters for this action via the command line.

The command line features be described at this link: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt8/com ... ons_t.html.

If you need to run the Split/Merge action with different parameters, you can configure several suitable tools in advance and import them before running using the command /ImportTools

Best regards,
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products
lumu
User

Post by lumu »

Hi Vladimir,

thank you for that explanation now I understand.

One last question. Running that splitMerge tool opens a window. How can I get rid of it?

Example:
"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools\PDFXTools.exe"/RunTool:
showui=no;
showprog=no;
showrep=no;
showprompt=no
splitMergePDF "C:\Users\EXAMPLE.PDF" "C:\Users\EXAMPLE.PDF"
/Output:folder=path\"C:\Users\\";
filename=\"testfile.pdf\";
overwrite=yes;
showfiles=no
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, lumu

That would likely be caused by a setting in the tool itself. Ensure you have not enabled either checkbox to show manual dialog:
image.png
Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello, lumu

First of all, you have a mistake in your command here:
/Output:folder=path\"C:\Users\\"
This part of the command should look like this:

Code: Select all

/Output:folder=\"C:/Users/\"
or

Code: Select all

/Output:folder=\"C:\Users\"
This double backslash makes the command irregular, as well as the fact that we do not have a 'folder=path' command.

Anyway, with showprompt=no option 'Manual Split/Merge' dialog window shouldn't appear. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue. Can you, please, post your cmd line without any additional formatting and your 'Split/Merge PDFs' action parameters?

Best regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products