Pinching in or out with touch operation in Ribbon Layout and non-continuous mode results in a significant page back

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Pinching in or out with touch operation in Ribbon Layout and non-continuous mode results in a significant page back

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

I have found that with the Ribbon Layout and non-continuous mode (single or two pages), pinching out or pinching in by touch causes significant unintended page backs.

• This is a GIF animation. Click to play.
    This is a GIF animation. Click to play.
There are many problems with the combination of ribbon layout and non-contiguous mode, and since Daniel has long been pushing the development team to discontinue it, it might no longer be worth reporting, but now that I find, I will report it anyway.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.2.1 build 385
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.3296
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Pinching in or out with touch operation in Ribbon Layout and non-continuous mode results in a significant page back

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rakunavi

I think youll be happy to know that, despite all the challenges and quirks to it, the Dev team are still working on ribbon mode, and adding in ongoing improvements.
I have reproduced this issue, and will be showing the Dev team as soon as we have a moment. for now I cannot promise when to see a fix, but hopefully it does come soon. We have already been working on the touch zoom area for the next release (expect some improvements there), but after additional testing, the changes made so far do not seem to have helped with the ribbon layout bug you mention above.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
rakunavi
User

Re: Pinching in or out with touch operation in Ribbon Layout and non-continuous mode results in a significant page back

Post by rakunavi »

Hello Daniel, thank you for contacting the Dev team.
Regardless of this issue, I am happy to hear that there is some improvement in touch operation.
Please give my best regards to developers.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect