Relative path on my USB stick

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

StephBretonne
User

Relative path on my USB stick

Post by StephBretonne »

Hello,

I am a French teacher. In France, in high schools, teachers change classrooms, computers and usb ports sometimes several times a day. This year, I'm teaching in 8 different classrooms every week.

I use Pdf-XChange portable in the portableApps version for lessons (since the license I have at home is not compatible with these repeated classroom changes).

Every time I want to open a document, I have to search for it on my USB stick; this takes up time that the students use for chatting :roll:

So I'm looking for a way to be able to open documents using a relative path on my USB stick. I've seen that there's a possibility with sessions, but I don't understand how to do it at all.

Can anyone help me?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Relative path on my USB stick

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, StephBretonne

I do not think that is a feature of the Portable Editor, though I can see it's value.

Do you always keep the files on the USB?

A network path should always be the same if you use the full UNC path rather than any mapped drives.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
StephBretonne
User

Post by StephBretonne »

Hi Paul,

Yes, I always keep my files on the USB stick (with a synchronous backup on my PC of course when I get home in the evening).

I don't understand what it means: "A network path should always be the same if you use the full UNC path rather than mapped drives" (even with a translation).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi StephBretonne.

There might be one simple solution for you:
image.png
- once enable this option, then open all necessary docs from a USB and then save the session as a file to that USB (preferably to the root).
Next time you can open such docs just by simply dbl-click on that session file stored on your USB stick.

HTH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.