Relative path on my USB stick

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

StephBretonne
User

Relative path on my USB stick

Post by StephBretonne »

Hello,

I am a French teacher. In France, in high schools, teachers change classrooms, computers and usb ports sometimes several times a day. This year, I'm teaching in 8 different classrooms every week.

I use Pdf-XChange portable in the portableApps version for lessons (since the license I have at home is not compatible with these repeated classroom changes).

Every time I want to open a document, I have to search for it on my USB stick; this takes up time that the students use for chatting :roll:

So I'm looking for a way to be able to open documents using a relative path on my USB stick. I've seen that there's a possibility with sessions, but I don't understand how to do it at all.

Can anyone help me?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Relative path on my USB stick

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, StephBretonne

I do not think that is a feature of the Portable Editor, though I can see it's value.

Do you always keep the files on the USB?

A network path should always be the same if you use the full UNC path rather than any mapped drives.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
StephBretonne
User

Post by StephBretonne »

Hi Paul,

Yes, I always keep my files on the USB stick (with a synchronous backup on my PC of course when I get home in the evening).

I don't understand what it means: "A network path should always be the same if you use the full UNC path rather than mapped drives" (even with a translation).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi StephBretonne.

There might be one simple solution for you:
image.png
- once enable this option, then open all necessary docs from a USB and then save the session as a file to that USB (preferably to the root).
Next time you can open such docs just by simply dbl-click on that session file stored on your USB stick.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.