Ability to set margins on pages doesn't work for pages without base content consisting only of comments or stamps

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Ability to set margins on pages doesn't work for pages without base content consisting only of comments or stamps

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

I have found that the ability to set margins on document pages, which was added in the relatively recent build 384, does not work for pages without base content, i.e., pages consisting only of comments and stamps. It is possible that this is a temporary lack of functionality due to ongoing implementation, in which case the developers may be well aware of it.

• This is a GIF animation. Click to play.
    This is a GIF animation. Click to play.
In the first half of the verification video, after inserting one blank page at the end of the EULA of the PDF-XChange Editor consisting of three pages, the base content of page 1 is copied and pasted as a stamp on pages 1 and 4. Then, in the Set Margins dialog, enable all Content Scale Options and set the margins to 100 pt. top, bottom, left and right. the stamp pasted over the first page will be scaled down, but the stamp pasted on the fourth page will not be scaled down.

In the second part of the verification video, the stamp is pasted onto a new document. The same settings are used to set the margins, but the "No changes were made. Please check your input data and try again." dialog box appears and the operation is not accepted.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.2.1 build 385
- OS Version: Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.3296
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Ability to set margins on pages doesn't work for pages without base content consisting only of comments or stamps

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

I've asked the dev team to review your above report and advise if we need a ticket - and if we do how to word it. As soon as I have their feedback I will post again here in the topic!

Kind regards,
Stefan
rakunavi
User

Re: Ability to set margins on pages doesn't work for pages without base content consisting only of comments or stamps

Post by rakunavi »

Hello Stefan, thank you for contacting developers.
Please give my best regards to the developers.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello rakunavi,

This was approved as a FR - and this is the ticket number:
#6846: FR: Editor - Ability to determine the page margins if a page contains only annotations.

Kind regards,
Stefan