Image Printing and Page Transitions

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thinkstorm
User

Image Printing and Page Transitions

Post by thinkstorm »

Hello,

I would like to edit A) the "paper" background of the PDF when I print images, so that the image might be displayed on a different colored background; B) get transitions between the pages so I can actually create a neat slideshow of pictures I can send around (fade through black, please no pixely dissolve ;))

Cheers,
Thorsten
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Image Printing and Page Transitions

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Thorsten,

with regards item A -: You would need to use an image editing application for this - I cannot imaging how we c#ould enable such a feature.

B: This item we are looking at now - but in the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO - for which Version 4 PDF-Tools and PDF-XChange Pro users are also licensed to use.

Hope that helps.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
thinkstorm
User

Post by thinkstorm »

Hello,
A) I thought that should be no problem in the PDF format by adding within a 'stream ... endstream' section(Of course the rectangle would need to span the page size and have the right color):

Code: Select all

[] 0 d   % Reset dash pattern to a solid line
1 w        % Reset line width to 1 unit
% Draw a rectangle with a 1−unit red border, filled with light blue.
1.0 0.0 0.0 RG       % Red for stroke color
0.5 0.75 1.0 rg      % Light blue for fill color
200 300 50 75 re
B

B) Later PDF specifications allow a page object to contain a 'Trans' entry for page transitions during display:

Code: Select all

10 0 obj
  << /Type /Page
     /Parent 4 0 R
     /Contents 16 0 R
     /Trans << /Type /Trans
               /S /Fade  % can also be Split, Blinds, Box, Wipe, Dissolve, Glitter, R, Fly, Push, Cover, Uncover
               /D 3.5    % 3.5 seconds duration
            >>
  >>
endobj
It doesn't really help if I can select the transition in a PDF Viewer, as everyone in a different viewer could not see these transitions...

Let me know what you think, Cheers,

Thorsten
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thorsten,

If you are a developer requiring support - you need to post your questions in the developer forum - I will move this one and it will then be answered.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
thinkstorm
User

Post by thinkstorm »

Sorry, I'm not a developer, I just know some PDF codes...

I was not referring to the SDK, I don't want to start programming, I merely want to create an image slide show and was pointing to a potential approach to address my needs. Please move it back to the previous forum, this was a request for an additional feature in PDFTools4.

Cheers,
Thorsten
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I think we can add such features for PDF-XChange driver.

But setting the background for page will not work as expected when you print from some kind of applications (for example Internet Explorer) -- they draw a white rectangle occupying almost the entire page, and I don't think it is good idea to skip such drawing.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
thinkstorm
User

Post by thinkstorm »

very good point - I think I would like to keep the way IE or other applications handle that.

Cheers,
Thorsten
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)

Best regards
Tracker Support