Distribute with end user license

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

song_sd
User

Distribute with end user license

Post by song_sd »

Hi,

I have a question with the distribution of PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK.
I use the PDFX4SA_sm.zip to distribute the PDF-XChange Drivers, and find
that my serial no and develop code only works in my own program. The printer
installed by the PDFX4SA_sm.zip is still in the demonstration mode. Why?

According to the help document, it is said that it require an END USER enabled license
key. Is that true? If so, how can I get the END USER enabled license key?
And how much should I pay for it considering that I have bought "PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK"?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Distribute with end user license

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

There are 2 types of license - :

1: An end user license which allows the user to directly print to the PDF-XChange driver from any windows application - e.g. MS Office - this code is entered directly into the installer and should not (cannot be passed via your developer application)

2: An SDK license allows your applications to print directly to the PDF-XChange driver - your users cannot print directly from MS Office to the driver - if they do - evaluation marks will appear on their PDF files.

If you need to enable your users to open and print a word file - you will have to code an application to fulfil this functionality and we even provide an example to show you how to do this.

Your developer SDK license must be passed in your applications code (see the examples and help files) - and must be compiled - it cannot be entered and used in the end user version - it will not function !

If this is still not clear to you - please look at an example (e.g. C++/VB/VBNET etc) and locate the section of code that says something like :

Set PDFPrinter = PDFPFactory.Printer("", "PDF-XChange 4.0 Sample", "<YOUR REG CODE>", "<YOUR DEV CODE>")

This is where you would enter your developer Serial number and Developer code respectively - compile and run this application and if your codes are correct/legitimate for such use - you will generate clean PDF files.

If you are still having problems - send the example application in source and compiled forms with your developer license info embedded as described and we will assist - but I would be astounded if this is still necessary if you do the above as detailed.

It really is necessary for you to spend a little time reading the help and looking at the examples provided - before asking for help.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com