CExAPI fails to compile on 64 bit Win7

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NHSW
User

CExAPI fails to compile on 64 bit Win7

Post by NHSW »

I just migrated to 64 bit Win7 and I'm using Visual Studio 2008. I tried to build the CExAPI project and get the following errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: CExAPI, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>stdafx.cpp
1>c:\program files\tracker software\pdf-xchange pro 4 sdk\examples\apiexamples\cexamples\cexapi\stdafx.h(35) : error C3500: invalid ProgID 'PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx'
1>c:\program files\tracker software\pdf-xchange pro 4 sdk\examples\apiexamples\cexamples\cexapi\stdafx.h(35) : fatal error C1103: fatal error importing progid: 'PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\Examples\APIExamples\CExamples\CExAPI\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>CExAPI - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

PDF-XChange4 is in my printers folder and I can create a pdf with it from Notepad, etc. (With the demo medallion of course). But it appears to be installed and printing.

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

Frederick
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: CExAPI fails to compile on 64 bit Win7

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Can you please provide the version and build of PDF-XChange being used - and also confrim that it is the developer SDK you have installed, and you are not relying on a previous install of the driver ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

John:

Sorry to say but it's v4 build 168. I just totally reinstalled the Pro SDK 4.0168 to make sure. Still the same compile errors.

I have, and have had, User Account Control disabled. Is there some sort of other Win7 setting that you know of? Like I said, I have no problems on Vista.

Thanks,

Frederick
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

2 NHSW: Do you have the file pxccom.tlb located into the same folder where pdfSaver4.exe is located?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

No. And I don't have that .tlb anywhere on the Win7 machine. Nor can I find it on the Vista machine either, but it compiles just fine on Vista - just not Win7.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Can you provide the exact installer name you used?

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

PDFSDKPRO4.exe created Monday October 19, 2009 1:54:38 PM 20.7 MB (21,715,040 bytes)
Details: File Version 4.0.168.0
Product Name: PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK
Product Version: 4.0.168.0
Description: PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK Setup

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Hi,
we have located an issue and uploaded a new installer to correct and this is now available ...

or you can resolve without a full install as detailed below :

1. Place pxccom.tlb into the folder where the file pdfSaver4.exe is located (see attached file).
2. run pdfSaver4.exe /RegServer

HTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

Ivan:

We're getting closer, but still no cigar. Here's what I'm getting now:

1>c:\program files\tracker software\pdf-xchange pro 4 sdk\examples\apiexamples\cexamples\cexapi\stdafx.h(35) : error C3501: there is no typelib registered for ProgID 'PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx'
1>c:\program files\tracker software\pdf-xchange pro 4 sdk\examples\apiexamples\cexamples\cexapi\stdafx.h(35) : fatal error C1103: fatal error importing progid: 'PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx'

I tried several things. I did as you said and manually put the tlb in the folder with pdfSaver4.exe and ran regserver. No error messages, but it still doesn't seem registered either.
I then uninstall the sdk (and manually deleted the tracker software folder in program files) and ran the new installer build169. Still no luck. (But the new installer did put the tlb file into the pdfsaver folder this time).

I tried running unregserver and regserver all to no avail. (and no messages returned for either).

Remember I'm running 64 bit Win 7 Professional. I have User Acct Control off (set to "never notify") and I am the administrator on this machine and logged in as such.

Anything else I can do to register.

Thank you,

Frederick
NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

More info...

Ivan: Although Visual Studio puts up this error "error C3501: there is no typelib registered for ProgID 'PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx'" I can nevertheless go into OLE/COM Object Viewer and see PXCComLib listed there.

So could it now be a Visual Studio problem with the CExAPI code? How could Visual Studio indicate "no typelib registered" and yet I can see it listed in the O>E/COM Obj Viewer?

Frederick

Here's what I'm running on Visual Studio:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

Installed Edition: Professional
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Please check if into the registry under the path
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{AAF4C859-3ACD-4D27-88E6-B163C8D81BEC}\1.0\0
there are two keys: win32 and win64

NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

Yes. There are two keys within the 1.0/0 path.
The value of Win32 is: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\pdfSaver\pxccom.tlb
The value of Win64 is: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\pdfSaver\pdfSaver4.exe

Frederick
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Very strange Frederick, we have tried on several machines - all works just fine.

We are going to try again today on a VMWARE setup and try to reproduce your problems again - with various setup options etc .
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Looks like we have it !

Some registry keys seem to have been modified - and this would not affect us here as we install various releases in parralel on our development machines ...

Will try to get an update out later today resolving ...

Ivan may be able to get you up and running manually before hand - once of us will be back shortly with more info...

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Please replace the following line into stdafx.h

Code: Select all

#import "progid:PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx" rename_namespace("PXC"), named_guids
with the line

Code: Select all

#import "libid:AAF4C859-3ACD-4D27-88E6-B163C8D81BEC" version("1.0") rename_namespace("PXC"), named_guids

NHSW
User

Post by NHSW »

That did it. Muchas Gracias.

Frederick
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Excellent - thanks for coming back and pleased all is well !

Best regards
Tracker Support