Document printing hangs. Build 167

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

guy.marom
User

Document printing hangs. Build 167

Post by guy.marom »

Hello,

When printing the attached document it gets stuck when printing the second page.
Please check.

Regards,
Guy Marom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Document printing hangs. Build 167

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Guy Marom,

There is a bug in the build 167 driver, that sometimes when printing a multi-page document, the driver might abort it without user notification, so the printing is complete but no file is generated.

Also there is a big raster image on page two that Word is printing as multiple small images that scan also decrease the printing speed.

Regards,
Stefan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

As Stefan mentions above - there is a complex image in Word - which in fact is not a single image - but seen as 11349 seperate images by Windows GDI+ used in the print process.

Perversely - if you set your PDF-XChange Print resolution to say 1200 DPI - you should see drastically improved performance.

Please advise the results.

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

Hello,
Sorry for not answering sooner but I forgot to subscribe to this topic. That's fixed now...
I installed build 168, tried it again and it still took a long time. Then I tried printing with 1200 DPI, and indeed it was much faster, the only problem is that the second page turned out empty.
Please advise.
Guy
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thats not what I found Guy - I got the entire file ...

Could you please recheck and if still a problem, please provide the tmp file using the options described here :

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... f=29&t=800

It may also be better to zip and email this file to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this message in the email body for reference.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

OK, I retried and even downloaded the file I posted here.
I still get the second page empty.
Attached is the temp file, along with my output file.
Thanks,
Guy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

As I see, into .tmp file for second page there is only one space character in output.
To be honest, for now I don't know why it happens. Please try to use different DPI = 600, 800, 1000, etc.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Also - we have tried this on several PC's here - and all has converted just fine - can I ask ask you to check on at least 1 or more other machines with the lastest release.

Also - please try printing direct to PDF-XChange via Word -rather than via any application you may have written to perform the function - so we can eliminate that potentially as a cause if you are not trying this already. (yes it will print in trial mode - but thats ok for now)

Thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support
guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

Well, DPI=1000 worked but took a long time.
Also, I was printing through Word the entire time (The output file I sent had the Trial Marks on it).
This was done on my computer. I will check other machines in the next few days and update.
Thanks,
Guy
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Ok thanks Guy - look forward to the results.

Best regards
Tracker Support
guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

Well, we sped things up...
We installed the printer driver on another computer and got the same results:
300 DPI - Slow printing (We didn't wait for it to finish).
1200 DPI - Fast printing but second page is empty.

Do I understand correctly that you get the same results regarding the speeds, and that with 1200 DPI the second page is not empty?

In any case, we will need this do work well with 600 DPI and 300 DPI printing, and not 1200...
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

On my side I have slow printing on 300 dpi (reason of low speed is because Word draws second page as a lot of small images) and very fast printing on 1200 dpi. And in both cases I have two pages.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

OK, so what's next?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Try to turn off background printing into the Word - it can increase spooling speed on 300 dpi.

guy.marom
User

Post by guy.marom »

OK, I tried that and it took 3 minutes to print the file at 300 DPI. Is there anything better?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

For now Guy - I am afraid not, its just the shear number of smaller images that go to make up the content thats causing this and whilst we can look to modify this method of creation in the next major release (e.g. V5) for now there is nothing that can be done except increasing the DPI settings as a work around as suggested.

Best regards
Tracker Support