Regarding PDF-Tools SDK versus Pro SDK

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ashmid
User

Regarding PDF-Tools SDK versus Pro SDK

Post by ashmid »

I'm trying to decide which of the SDK packages to purchase, and I have a couple of questions:
1] From the website it seems that the difference between the regular PDF-Tools SDK and the Pro version largely revolves around the low-level API, plus some specific additional things regarding forms and the like. However, I'm wondering about the various other PXCp functions that are only included in the XCPRO library, such as PXCp_AddWatermark or PXCp_ET_AnalyzePageContent, that do not fall into these categories. It seems from the website that these functions should be available with a regular SDK license; yet the "p" in the prefix seems to intimate that they are only relevant with the "pro" package. Can you please clarify whether these functions are available with the regular SDK? (Better yet, do you have a specific list of PXCp functions available with the regular SDK, versus those that are available only with the Pro version?)
2] If I do purchase the regular SDK, but then later decide that I would like the full functionality of the Pro SDK, is there an upgrade path? (The "buy now" site did not list any special pricing for the Pro SDK for people who already own the regular SDK).
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Regarding PDF-Tools SDK versus Pro SDK

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

If I may briefly clarify what the main differences are for you :

1: PDF-Tools SDK :

Allows you to use our pxclib40 and xcpro40 library, Scanner and net library options and gives you 2500 End User installs for the Viewer SDK's - after which for the latter additonal licenses are required.

The 3 items you dont get to use from the standard XCPRO40 and pxclib40 libraries are the Acroforms, Digital Signature and Low level functions - these all require a PRO SDK library.

2: PDF-XChange PRO SDK

This gives all the above functions and the excluded Acroforms, Digital Signature and Low level functions + :

The PDF-XChange Drivers SDK API, OCR Library functions and 7500 (rather than 2500) end user installations using the Viewer SDK options before additional licenses are required.

All the NON Viewer funtionality can be installed onto 100,000 end user desktops before additonal licensing is required.

And all the above is for one active developer to work on code addressing this funcitonality - many dev's can work on the project and compile etc - but only one is licensed to work on the affected PDF code funtionality.

Hope that helps to explain.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
ashmid
User

Post by ashmid »

Hi John,
Thanks for the clarifications! That was very helpful.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleasure :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
ashmid
User

Post by ashmid »

Hi John,
One more question please: If I purchase the regular SDK, but then later decide that I would like the full functionality of the Pro SDK, is there an upgrade path? (The "buy now" site did not list any special pricing for the Pro SDK for people who already own the regular SDK).
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Sure - you can log into your account any time and see the 'discounts' Tab on your home page - there will be options to upgrade to other relevant products - if logical/available.

Do note though - if your existing product owned is not within a current maintenance agreement and is over 12 months since your purchase - then the discounts decrease substantially as you would expect.

Hope that helps :)

Best regards
Tracker Support