Index one click creator

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Gianmaria
User

Index one click creator

Post by Gianmaria »

Hello everyone,
First of all, I want to show all my gratitude to you who produced this amazing xchange pdf reader (free edition) it is really a good work!
As today I had an idea about a potential tool that u could add to the features of this software, I report here next this:
It is probably not a difficult task to programm and it can be an usefull thing to add to the reader features:
i.e. putting a button on the main interface that by clicking on it while you are on the index page this recognise the numbers (filter ending pdf lines) and creates hyperlinks to every page.
Thus this can be usefull for navigation if you for example you open a pdf report wich hasn't got already internal hyperlinks already made.

I am not a programmer thus I can't give any help further more this idea
Hope it can be one day applied

regards
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Index one click creator

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI Gianmaria,

thanks for the kind words.

Regards your feature request, it would seem to me that you are asking for automatic generation of bookmarks - one for each page. Is that right? Did you know that you can use the Thumbnail Pane in a similar fashion? CTRL+T will open the pane and you can zoom the thumbnails to really quite small if you want and this will then let you click to move to any page instantly - it also has the advantage that it gives visual clues on the page content.

Try it - let me know what you think.

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Gianmaria
User

Post by Gianmaria »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the immediate reply

I check Tubnail pane and I thank you for the advice as this can used as you said in a similar fashion!
Concerning my idea, yes you got the point! just to make it more clear I would probably call it: an automatic generator of bookmarks from index in text.
To make it clear, I would like that with just a button , ones I got the index (for example of a report that I am starting to read) on the screen- not previously bookmarked- this can be automatically bookmarked intext.
To produce such a tool will be required that a particular filter that checks how each line of the index is finishing... if a letter no action ..if a number then there should be created a link (full line or just page number) that should by clicking on it it brings you on that page (and|or even better when you click on it it opens a copied same pdf file at the chosen page - web brower style (open a new board).
As many people uses Xchange for studying books without printing them this can be a quicker way of scrolling pages instead of using Bookmarks pane or inserting the page number in to the bottom of the screen every time!

Any way if this is too time and efforts consuming probably better to leave only the bookmaks pane still very usefull.

Cheers
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the additional feedback Gianmaria,

while I cannot myself speak to the practicality of implementing such a feature, that is the domain of our Development Team leader, I have added your suggestion to the wish list and it will be considered in due course.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com