How to remove "Pdf author" ?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

g.politi
User

How to remove "Pdf author" ?

Post by g.politi »

Hi,

maybe "Pdf author" is not the right translation (I'm using an italian version of the Acrobat reader) but looking at the advance property I see that the Pdf Author of the Pdf is "PDF-XChange (xcpro40.dll v4.0.0185.0000)".

Is possible to change it with another string ?

Best regards

G
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to remove "Pdf author" ?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello g.politi,

The term in English is "PDF Producer"

And using "PXC_SetDocumentInfoA"

you can set the "InfoField_Producer"

There is also an Author Field - which you can control in the very same way - please refer to section 2.1.9 of the PDF Tools SDK Manual.

Best,
Stefan
g.politi
User

Post by g.politi »

Thanks for the quick reply .... I already tried to use the way you explained but seems it doesn't work ....

Here the code used (Delphi 2009)

dwResult:=PXCp_SetDocumentInfoExW(hDoc,PWChar('InfoField_Author'),PWChar('test'));
if IS_DS_ERROR(dwResult) then
begin
PXCp_Delete(hMergeDoc);
exit;
end;
dwResult:=PXCp_SetDocumentInfoExW(hDoc,PWChar('InfoField_Creator'),PWChar('test'));
begin
PXCp_Delete(hMergeDoc);
exit;
end;
dwResult:=PXCp_SetDocumentInfoExW(hDoc,PWChar('InfoField_Producer'),PWChar('test'));
begin
PXCp_Delete(hMergeDoc);
exit;
end;

dwResult := PXCp_WriteDocumentW(hDoc, PWChar(WideString(sFileNameDest)), PXCp_CreationDisposition_Overwrite, PXCp_Write_NoRelease);
PXCp_Delete(hDoc);

Best regards

G

NOTE: I also tried using dwResult := PXCp_SetDocumentInfoW(hDoc, InfoField_Producer, PWChar('test')); without any luck ...
Last edited by g.politi on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello g.politi,

The PXCp_SetDocumentInfoEx(A/W) functions are for storing additional information, while the
PXCp_SetDocumentInfo(A/W) are for storing standard information - all possible standard Fields are:

Code: Select all

InfoField_Title        Sets the Title field in the info structure of the pdf file.
InfoField_Subject      Sets the Subject field in the info structure of the pdf file.
InfoField_Author       Sets the Author field in the info structure of the pdf file.
InfoField_Keywords     Sets the Keywords field in the info structure of the pdf file.
InfoField_Creator      Sets the Creator field in the info structure of the pdf file.
InfoField_Producer     Sets the Producer field in the info structure of the pdf file.
So please use the SetDocumentInfo functions for those.

Best,
Stefan
g.politi
User

Post by g.politi »

Hi Stefan,

I did it without any luck .... I used:

dwResult := PXCp_SetDocumentInfoW(hDoc, InfoField_Producer, PWChar('test'));

is this correct ?

the program flow is : open a Pdf, use PXCp_SetDocumentInfoW and save the PDF

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for the support

Giovanni
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Giovanni,

After speaking with the dev guys they told me that this particular field is rewritten by xcpro40.dll, and it is done so intentionally, so I am afraid that this one field you can not control :(

Best Regards,
Stefan
Dorwol
User

Post by Dorwol »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:After speaking with the dev guys they told me that this particular field is rewritten by xcpro40.dll, and it is done so intentionally, so I am afraid that this one field you can not control :(
Sorry guys, but this is not fair play! Because (1) we have paid much money for the Pro version of PDF-Tools SDK and (2) our competitors they not use tracker-components can also create PDF's with own producer-tag and (3) also in your documentation we can read, that "producer" can be change.

SO PLEASE ALLOW THIS VERY IMPORTANT META-TAG. Because our application does not appears professional! :|

BTW: I have also tried to set AllowSaveCustomProducer and rewrite the producer by the viewer. But also without success! :(
Please tell us a way/workaround to write the producer.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

As stated - this is not possible and will not be possible.

If you are trying to hide the fact you utilise our libraries/products from the outside world - then how do you propose to avoid stating in your documentation etc that you are doing so - which is a requirement of your licensing our tools ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

For your information and clarification - this is from the license you have agreed to adhere too ;
Except as required hereby, Licensee shall not use TRACKER’S name, trademarks, or any TRACKER designation in association with Licensee’s Application Software. The Application Software should contain the following copyright notice in the "About box" or if not the About box as a minimum, Developers License as provided with the End User Application: "Portions of this product were created using PDF-XChange & Image-XChange SDK’s From Tracker Software Products Ltd ...
Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Dorwol
User

Post by Dorwol »

Sad, but I will bow to this pressure. :cry:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin