Open PDF doesn't return

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

AndreaCCS
User

Open PDF doesn't return

Post by AndreaCCS »

I have found a problem where I try to open the document and the code does not return. The document is available at http://www.stas.com/images/stories/Docu ... minium.pdf

Code: Select all

int res = XCPro35_Defs.PXCp_Init(out id, XCPro35_Defs.g_RegKey, XCPro35_Defs.g_DevCode);
' returns 0
res = XCPro35_Defs.PXCp_ReadDocumentW(id, filename, 0);
' doesn't return
The document open OK in the AX viewer.

Thanks
Andrea
Andrea
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Open PDF doesn't return

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

I am afraid PDF-Tools SDK cannot open files directly from a URL for now - so you will need to download the file to a local drive before opening or if possible use the AX Viewer...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
AndreaCCS
User

Post by AndreaCCS »

Sorry I was not clear. I have downloaded the file that is at that location and tried opening it. I only gave you the link so that you can try the file for yourself.
Andrea
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

I see :)

Ok - so now the problem is a little clearer though we do need to analyze further as the file opens just fine in the Viewer -yet does not in the PDF-Tools SDK library initially - but if opened and saved by the Viewer (which performs file corrections to incorrectly formatted files automatically if possible) so it does appear the file has problems in its formatting - but we will need to investigate further to advise why.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
AndreaCCS
User

Post by AndreaCCS »

Did you work out why this won't open in the tools? It is annoying as my process just waits for the call to return and so te application stalls.
Andrea
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The issue is fixed (problem was with handling incorrect header of this PDF file).
The fix will be available in a next build of DLLs.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
AndreaCCS
User

Post by AndreaCCS »

Thanks. What is the time frame for that release?
Andrea
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the email - we're looking at later this month/early next month, providing no major hiccups occur.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.