PDF form is displayed wrongly

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KarlTH
User

PDF form is displayed wrongly

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Tracker-Support,

I have the attached PDF form Traditional_510k_RTA_Checklist_ver02 19 14.pdf which should include yellow highlighted lines (starting at page 4) but I can't see them :shock: in my PDF-XChange Viewer SDK control and also not with standalone PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 (Build 313.1). Even the digital signature is missing on the last page.

Please can you check what's wrong with the attached PDF form?

Thanks,

Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF form is displayed wrongly

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the post and sample - we've asked the Dev. Team for comment and they should respond shortly. To help track the issue, I've created a ticket for the problem (RT-3163).

A little background to this issue: the form is not a standard PDF form but created with Adobe LiveCycle, rather than Acrobat. Therefore, it operates under a different set of rules and much of the content in forms like these, is 'dynamic' and not the conventional PDF form supported by the Viewer itself. These kinds of forms are not included in the 'Open' ISO PDF Standards (PDF Specification).

We will investigate and advise, as soon as possible, as to what (if anything) can be done to accommodate the issue in question.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Will,

thank you for your quick response! I don't need a fix for this PDF immediately, I just want to let you know that this kind of PDF is displayed wrongly that you can fix it in future releases of PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK.

Thanks,

Karl
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karl,

No problem :)

The Dev. Team are now aware and are looking into the problem.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com