Viewer SDK print dialog issue

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ProExecute
User

Post by ProExecute »

I am evaluating the Viewer SDK and have a specific file that has a “mixed original” format (6 pages, 4 of which are letter portrait and 2 are tabloid landscape). Whenever using the example “PDFViewerActiveXTestVBNet.sln” from the “C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer SDK\Examples\VBNetExamples\PDFViewerActiveXTestVBNet” directory, I cannot print this document to its native format. The print dialog wants to print to A4 and A3 sizes and whenever I send it to the printer I get feed errors because of invalid paper sizes. How do I manipulate in code the desired output (letter and tabloid)? Please see attached pic of the SDK example UI and notice that the document status bar indeed shows the correct size of the page, but the print dialog preview is incorrect.

Thanks[/img]
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you send us sample PDF file ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Thanks for the file.

I had test here, and all looks ok. Maybe you just forgot to turn on the option Auto-rotate on the Viewer's Print dialog ?

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Now got your screenshot.
Print dialog preview is correct -- the option "Choose paper source by PDF-page size" is turned on, and the Viewer pays attention on paper margins too during selecting of acceptable page size.

What you can do:
1. Turn off "Choose paper source by PDF-page size"
or
2. "Scaling Type" set to "Fit to printer margins"

HTH

ProExecute
User

Post by ProExecute »

I have tried your suggestions and still no good results…
Our printer is loaded with letter, legal, and tabloid. The PDF we are using is the one that was provided via private message.
1st attempt, I unchecked the “Choose paper source by PDF-page size” and when printed, the printer errors and prompts me to load the appropriate media. This attempt did not print appropriately to our available media and in “mixed original” format.
2nd attempt, I set the “Scaling Type” to “Fit to printer margins” and when printed, the printer did not indicate an error; however, the output was all on letter and the data on both pages 5 and 6 was cropped to letter diminsions. This attempt did not print appropriately to our available media and in “mixed original” format.
Thanks for any help with this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Now I understand where trouble is.
It is because during choosing printer paper by pdf page size, we are taking into account printer's margins, and this causes trouble.

Will fix this into the next build.

Slava
User

Letter paper Size

Post by Slava »

We had the same problem and were able to fix it.

Go to:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.
Make sure that in Standartd and formats group you have selected English (United States) or other North American standart.

Hope this helps.
ProExecute
User

Post by ProExecute »

Sorry that did not help anything as those settings were already checked. See screenshot for info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Understood - as previously detailed this is fixed in the next release which should be available late this week or very early next.

Thanks for your patience
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com