Print as black/white function

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

baozi_sjz
User

Print as black/white function

Post by baozi_sjz »

In "Print" , colored documents can be printed as greyscale. Could you add print as black/white function? Tint colors printed as greyscale are hard to recognize.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

You hope than into B&W mode tint colors will be recognized!? :shock:
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A sample document would be helpful, but I assume that the document contains some text with light shades. Pale yellow text disappears completely when printed as grayscale, though it is visible in the preview. Perhaps an option is needed to print all colours except white as black.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
benradu
User

Post by benradu »

Such a feature would actually be very useful. Imagine you are printing a drawing or a schematic on a laser printer. The red or yellow lines (if there are such colors, and sometimes this is true) will be almost invisible.
In fact, I think this can be achieved via a "Replace Document Colors" feature which is present both in Adobe Reader and Foxit.
Another usage example is when you have a document with black (or dark) background and you want to print it. You'll go to the "Document Colors Options" and invert the colors. I can provide sample documents for both cases but I think is clear what I mean.
Please consider this as a feature request!
Thanks!
Ben
baozi_sjz
User

Post by baozi_sjz »

Will the attachment do as example?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

ok, now understood you need the function "All colors in black".

Will try to add this into an upcoming build as soon as possible.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
baozi_sjz
User

Post by baozi_sjz »

Yes, this is what I need.
Also Ben's "Replace Document Colors" request would be a useful one. For documents with dark backgrounds, all colors printed in black will also make it unrecognizable.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Ok - thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com