Error [PDF Structure 40]

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rumboy
User

Error [PDF Structure 40]

Post by rumboy »

I am having trouble opening the attached PDF's with XChange Viewer. I get the following errors when trying to open them:

Error [PDF Structure 40]: Invalid file format
Error [PDF Structure 40]: Reference table (xref) not found

One was sent to us from an outside vendor and the other was generated by a third-party software package that we own. I am currently using Xchange Viewer Version: 1.0(Build 0024). Both of these files can be opened with Adobe Reader 8.

Please advise how to fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Both of these files are corrupted and please notice that when you open them into Adobe Acrobat it recovers them and asking for save when you try to close document.

PDF-XChange viewer for now doesn't support such type of recovering, but hope this will be realized soon.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
rumboy
User

Post by rumboy »

When I open and close them with Acrobat 8, I get no such recovery message nor does it ask me to save them when I close the document. Is there something I need to turn on in Acrobat to get those?

Any idea on when there may be a release that will support this? I will need to switch many of the users default PDF reader back to Acrobat until this is fixed. Thx.
Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Both of these files are corrupted and please notice that when you open them into Adobe Acrobat it recovers them and asking for save when you try to close document.

PDF-XChange viewer for now doesn't support such type of recovering, but hope this will be realized soon.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

When I open and close them with Acrobat 8, I get no such recovery message nor does it ask me to save them when I close the document. Is there something I need to turn on in Acrobat to get those?
Do you use whole Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader ?

Best case is to use not corrupted PDF files -- I cannot promize when our recovering option will be realized.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
rumboy
User

Post by rumboy »

Acrobat Reader 8. I agree that using non-corrupt files would be the way to go. The problem is that I don't have control of the creation of either of these files. Therefore it is hard to control the corruption. I'm sure nobody has complained to the creators because most people use Acrobat Reader that doesn't have a problem with them.
Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:
Do you use whole Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader ?

Best case is to use not corrupted PDF files -- I cannot promize when our recovering option will be realized.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Yes, Adobe Reader will not offer you the chance to save, because in most cases it does not support this functionality.

Randar
User

PDF Structure 40 error while saving file

Post by Randar »

We are just downloaded the new build (25) to try out PDF-XChange in our organization. I just received a query on a PDF Structure 40 error message which the user got while attempting to save a (BMCSoftware)guide she had highlighted (extensively).

'Error saving document to "{local UNC path to server}": Error[PDF Structure 40]: Invalid Object Structure'

I have been able to mark up/highlight documents and save (copies), but get this error mesage when I try to re-open any of them. Originals open and close fine.

I am amending my original post with new info. I believe by problem to be due to network storage (??). If I save docs locally, they work fine. If I save to any network store, either virtual or UNC, they will not open. If I copy locally marked files to a network location they still open fine.........
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Can you send me such files ?